Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

goofy water spout

People, i need help.. this past weekend i took my wave runner for a ride because i just couldn't wait anymore for spring/summer here in wisc. The goofy water spout soaked me a few times (water was 40 degrees). Can someone tell me a safe way to eliminate the water spout? I see the hose hooked up to the cone in the back but i am not sure if i should just remove it. Should i put a valve on? or can it just be removed so water flows out of the cone etc...? I don't want to affect the way the ski handles etc.... any help? its a 96 3 up waverunner 760 cc

+1
    There are already lots of threads on this check any one of them out will help you with the choices.

+1
    You can simply unhook it or plug the hose with a bolt and hose clamp or install a valve. Research around here, you'll find the answer

+1
    To stop gay-spray .... simply remove hose & put a good amount of JB Weld in the tube/steam on the nozzel. It works great and stay put. Good Luck

please tell me if this would be okay. i am going to plug the hose close to the deck with a piece of stainless (bolt with the head cut off), put a hose clamp on and reconnect to the deck so the hose isn't flopping around. The plug will take place closer to the deck at the end of the hose.. am i over thinking this?

+1
    Don't just plug the hose on a W3, the hose is not strong enough and will split under the pressure on the older yamahas. Get a pressure rated hose and install/plug it. The newer boats use a stronger hose. My preferred method to to reach inside the back of the pump and put a piece of duct tape over the inside hole that goes to the hose barb. Remove the hose, mix up a small batch of JB weld and pour it into the hose barb fitting from above. Wait a day, or if you used fast set, a few hours and you are done. Simple and permanent. I personally do not know anyone who likes the spray. Maybe ocean riders, but not most lake riders.

do we know what inside diameter that hose is? i assume a 200 psi hose should be enough. I can't get my hands in there to pour JB weld in.

+1
    Youre fine with a bolt and a hose clamp, just cut the hose short, so it doesnt flop around. Wanna say the hose is 3/8" id

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pokplalya22 View Post
    Youre fine with a bolt and a hose clamp, just cut the hose short, so it doesnt flop around. Wanna say the hose is 3/8" id
    Thats what I did. My first bolt shot out at some point while I was riding, so I shoved in a bigger bolt and its worked fine so far.

+1
    IF youre worried about it flopping around, bolt, clamp & zip tie it to the fitting so it wont flop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information