Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ultra 250 Key

+1

Ultra 250 Key

Ok--- I've Got A New 250 On Order And Should Get It Any Day, So I Read Every Thing I Can About It. My Concern Is The Key. From What I Read It Seems You Have To Open The Glove Box And Push On The Key If The Ski Sets For Only A Minute Or So. You Don't Necessarily Have To Remove The Key, Just Push On It. Please Let Me Know If I'm Incorrect. This Being, How Hard Would It Be To Drill A Hole In The Glove Box Lid And Install Some Sort Of Push Button That That Would Push On The Key Without Opening The Lid????? I'm Thinking Something With A Waterproof Boot On It And A Short Rod That Would Be Near The Key.. Just Push The Button And Then The Starter Button And Away You Go. Would Be A Great Aftermarkert Item, Wouldn't It. Opinions????????

+1
    Unfortunately no. The key has to be pulled out, and then put back in. I havent timed it, yet.

On my ski, I do NOT need to remove the key. Simply push it in and hit the start button. I have yet to pull out my key and reinsert it in order to start or restart my ski.

Curtis

Same here. I just bump mine and it comes to life. Beep Beep.

snapper455
    Same here you just tap the key and the computer is ready instantly. The boat will start even before you hear the double beep. The external pushbutton would be real cool as well. On our race boats we have never pulled the key out since day one. (save your SLOW key in a safe place in case you loose your normal key). It will come in real handy when you need a new normal one. As we do almost all dealers already have the key software or is on order. The LX uses the same program and verichip keys.

Well Boys and Girls ol Skippy has found the conclusion to this problem.

I will be rewiring the IMOBILIZER so that once the key is in all youll need to do do is hit the Red Stop button before hitting the green start button.

Ill be testing it come next week. If the voltage in green start button is right then all youll need to do is hit the start button.

I mapped the wiring and have found the ones I need to tap and rerout the bump start option to the green start button.

I am personally going to remount my key under the front tub. That way If my button ever fails I can just pop the hood to get her started.

+1
    Thank you Skip. I was going to do this, but havent seen the wiring diagram yet. If you get it working PM me with the details, and I'll be a second test mule for you. I detest this POS, and find it embarrasing to have on a watercraft.

great idea skip, if you get it working, please share. I thought about it, but was concerned about the battery draining. The key completely shuts down all powe after a minute of non use to prevent dead batteries..... is that what you are going to tie back to the red button or something.

Best of luck on rewiring.

Curtis

+1
    Curtis, it shouldn't be a problem, if he does what I think he is going to do. It will act perfectly normal, until you hit the normally-closed switch, and release. It will act like it was taken out of the loop, and put back in. Anytime it's sitting in there, it will act like it always does. The button will just keep you from having to open the glove box.

If you llok into the key hole you will see a hidden reset switch. Since the key hole essambly is sealed I could find the leads to this reset switch.

Now that I have some wiring diagrams it was so simple. Switch wiring harnes will need to be modified. Now tonight I going to pull apart the start stop switch.

I want to tap the green switch. It may not work because at time you need to hold in the start for awhile. Question is? Does the reset send signal to the ecu once and the ecu goes on with the reset or does holding it in cause the reset proceeder to delay during depress?

So if my thoery pans out I can imagine that you will have to bump the start button. You know what.... Im all wrong on this start button idea.

I gotta go to work and think this over all day then hit it again tonight. Regardless its going to work even if we add a button on the dash.

If this works can I be upgraded from a "Tester" to a "Modifier" and some day even be eligiable for "Tuner"?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information