Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FZS vs Ultra300

FZS vs Ultra300

Looking at getting a new ski. Comparing a few different skis but want to compare the FZS with the ultra 300. I know the 300 is running more HP and will be quicker, but more want to look at handling, and build quality. Also with the eco mode of the 300 does this make a big difference and use a lot less then the FZS. Just looking for an over all pros and cons in comparing these two skis. Cheers

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    cant really compare those 2 skies ,
    the yami is a flat water queen
    the Kawi is the rough water king

the yammi has NO real storage to speak off
    the Kawi is often used to smuggle small families over the boarder in the front storage area

The yami mods up better for TOP speed on FLAT !!!!!!! 91 + octane even after mild mods
    the Kawi is a great affordable ski to mod mildly , and end up with a strong ski that is basically STOCK at 75mph and runs well in ALL conditions ,91 octane stock

or you can blow your budget on a yammi and go really fast , and be broke
    or blow your wallet on a Farthing open class ultra 300 and have a butt raping animal of a ski , and be broke

many things depend on your end choice

Waz

haha thanks for the comparison, So I can get a new FZS for the same price as I can get a new 300 at the moment. Is the eco mode proven on the kawi or am I just going to have problems with it. The 300 has more controls and gadgets but does this just mean more things to go wrong or are they well built. Plus are the 300 similar to the Ultra 250 and 260 or are they a completely different ski.

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    The FZR and 300x are totally different. The FZR needs a revision. The hull is dated and it really only reaches the new benchmark through some serious mods.

The 300x will out run a stock FZR and do pretty much everything else better. Left stock the FZR is slower but requires less maintenance. Modded ($$$) it might be quicker in some water conditions, but you'll need to up the octane and maintenance... at which point you'll probably wonder why you didn't get a 300x to start with.

The RXP-X and 300x are top of the performance tree at the moment. In my opinion, just at the moment, the FZR, because of the hull (stock), is at the lower end of the overall performance spectrum. You really need to mod them.

Have a ride of both and make your own decision though.

Good luck.

Mal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by colvoo View Post
    Looking at getting a new ski. Comparing a few different skis but want to compare the FZS with the ultra 300. I know the 300 is running more HP and will be quicker, but more want to look at handling, and build quality. Also with the eco mode of the 300 does this make a big difference and use a lot less then the FZS. Just looking for an over all pros and cons in comparing these two skis. Cheers
    Where are you located ? What type of riding will you be doing ? Have you tried to test drive both skis ? As for Fuel the Kawi is thirsty but not so bad in Eco mode ... Let me know and I will throw in my 2 cents !

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    The FZR is 10-15% better on fuel than the 300x in smooth water cruising. Under normal riding conditions is less than 10% and not worth worrying about. They all use tons of fuel, some slightly more than others.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by colvoo View Post
    haha thanks for the comparison, So I can get a new FZS for the same price as I can get a new 300 at the moment. Is the eco mode proven on the kawi or am I just going to have problems with it. The 300 has more controls and gadgets but does this just mean more things to go wrong or are they well built. Plus are the 300 similar to the Ultra 250 and 260 or are they a completely different ski.
    250/60 is NOTHING like a 300x

they dont even really compare in MANY ways sadly........We have all loved the 250/60 platform , but thats in the past

Waz

Really good topic, I am also curious about the FZR/FZS V's 250x (stock engines) on the flat or very light chop in terms of racing??

I would say my 250X tops out around 64-66mph (70 on the dreamo wheel), what about FZR??

+1
    300x pros - Powerful, handles good, hull cuts through the wakes good.
    300x cons - uses high octane fuel

FZR pros - reliable, does not need high octane fuel
    FZR cons - not as quick as the 300, hull is not as good.

They are both good skis, but I say the 300x because of the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by DH300 View Post
    300x pros - Powerful, handles good, hull cuts through the wakes good.
    300x cons - uses high octane fuel

FZR pros - reliable, does not need high octane fuel
    FZR cons - not as quick as the 300, hull is not as good.

They are both good skis, but I say the 300x because of the performance.
    Is the 300x as reliable as the FZR or will I have more trouble with it? (engine and electronics)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information