GP1300R Auto Bilge Install

Wondering if anyone has done this or knows what my issue is. 2007 GP1300R is the ski I have. I use my skis during the weekend and moore them overnight. They are in the water from Friday night to Sunday afternoon. I like to have an auto bilge to make sure nothing would sink them overnight.

I removed the stock bilge pump that is only on when the engine is running and for 30 seconds after it is shut off and replaced it with an rule auto bilge. My plan was to wire the ground and the constant run wire to the harness as if it was stock and install a switch for the auto wire connected to the battery positive that I can switch on for the weekend. Well this works but every time the auto kicks on to check for water (every 2 minutes) the electronics cycle as in the fuel pump and anything else that would switch on if you were to turn over the engine.

I figured that something was back-feeding through the common ground causing the electronics to cycle. So I cut the bilge ground and ran it to the negative battery terminal. Now, whenever I switch on the auto switch, the electronics still cycle.

Is there anyone who is electronics savvy that knows what is going on here?

Thanks

+1
    For what you're doing and wanting, do not use the factory harness hook-up. Hook both the negative and positive from your Rule auto-bilge directly to the battery.

why cant you just wire the factory pump to the battery? just wondering, because I have the same sinking overnight fear

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by faredo View Post
    why cant you just wire the factory pump to the battery? just wondering, because I have the same sinking overnight fear
    The factory pump would then run all the time. You either need a bilge pump with a built in automatic water level switch or else have it hooked up to a separate water level switch.

We have ours hooked to a separate water level switch, wired directly to the battery so they will come on at any time the water level inside the hull rises. Use a known name brand switch such as a Rule, the cheaper ones are unreliable.

I ended up just wiring the bilge through my new switch on the automatic side only as TexasZ said. Not going to use the always on feature as the stock siphon bilge is still there. At the very worst, the auto bilge will check for water every 2 minutes and pump out the hull if needed while running. Overall, just removing the stock rule bilge pump and replacing it with an automatic rule pump is really easy. The auto bilge is just a little taller but still fits fine. Just needed to run an inline fuse and switch.

1 pos lead to the battery, the ground can go on the nearest bolt on the motor. Need to run two wires. I huts installed 7 bilge pumps over the past few weeks. I'll take photos on my yamahas and photos of the seadoo when I get to the shop

Thread Information