Lantern troubles - Switched power

Hey, Im from Sweden and have kind of a hurry. Have been trying to get my lantern work for Days now.. Have read several of threads about switched source but I dont get it actually. Im searching for a remote Power to my relay. I have tried to get it from a Purple wire to the gauge and from several of wires beneath the fuse box, both fuel pump, Is, Control, ACC and IBR-Control. No matter which on I try it is the same thing, the lantern never stops work. And when I disconnect the remote wire it seems that the fuse boxs own rely clitching. So it never stops feeding the remote wire until I remove it no matter which Cable I use a remote... How to do?

River Crew CT
    I replied to your PM and hope it helps you out.

I have a rxp-x rs 2012, and yea I have read it but as you Said, they don't stop after a while as yours..
    Does someone have pictures of which one you have tapped?

Came up with something today, tried Another Cable that was named "pkc" and it Went up to the gauage. Now the lights stops when I turn of the Engine as I want to.
    But stil there is a problem, they stay on fo ever if I just turn the ignition on and off. The Cable only stops feeding Power if I turn of the Engine and wait for 1 minute. Somebody that has any idea ?

Sudbury, Ontario
    The relay is a "timed" relay. It does not shut off as soon as the DESS is pulled. My RXP takes 10 seconds but I have heard the newer models do take a minute or so before the switched source is closed. This is normal.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Tampa Bay, FL
    On the newer Bosch ski's... the accessory bus relay stays latched for 3 minutes after the key is pulled.
    If you need the signal to drop when you pull the key.... your probably gonna need to use a switch to manually kill the signal.

The red-violet wire at terminal B11 is what you want to tap into for an accessory relay signal, but again... it'll stay latched for 3 minutes after pulling the key.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	302017
    Last edited by BigDaddyRXP; 05-27-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Thread Information