Polaris SLT 700 not getting fuel to carbs....Please any help would be greatly app

changed fuel lines checked and cleaned the carbs even put an older fuel sender in it "not sure it was not bad also" but tried it just to see...This problem is killing me...practically begging for help here

+1
    Have you checked the fuel selector valve? Frozen in off maybe? Pulse lines hooked up?

everything is hooked up and I have moved around the selector valves...I am a newbie and just trying to get this thing running so my kids can have a little fun...I can take the main line out from the sender and its not shooting gas out like I would think it should?

does the fuel sender act as a fuel pump on these or what?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by StanSutton View Post
    does the fuel sender act as a fuel pump on these or what?
    You misunderstand how the fuel system works on these carburetor engines. There is no fuel pump inside the fuel tank, just a pickup (suction) tube that feeds the engine via the fuel selector valve.

The fuel pump is at the engine, where it provides suction to draw the fuel from the tank.

On the red domestic engines, the fuel pump is attached to and is part of the carburetor.

The fuel pump is powered by alternating pulses of air pressure and vacuum from the engine crankcase, via a short 'pulse' hose. These pressure pulses are produced by the compression of the PTO cylinder, so it is important that the PTO cylinder actually have good compression.

If the hoses at the fuel pump are incorrectly connected the pump will not work properly and the carburetors will not get fuel.

Ok I will check that out...I am pretty sure they are connected right and I tested the compression and each cylinder is around 120 or 125...it does seem that the there is no vacuum at all..I changed all the fuel lines. May be a dumb ? but the pulse lines as you say they are basically fuel lines correct?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by StanSutton View Post
    Ok I will check that out...I am pretty sure they are connected right and I tested the compression and each cylinder is around 120 or 125...

it does seem that the there is no vacuum at all..I changed all the fuel lines.

May be a dumb ? but the pulse lines as you say they are basically fuel lines correct?
    Pulse lines are just fuel hose material, but do not carry fuel.

Engine does not develop vacuum like a four stroke engine, the crankcase alternates between modest vacuum and pressure as the crank rotates.

Recheck how you have the hoses connected at the fuel pump and at the fuel tank. It is easy to get something hooked up wrong, then chase your tail.

is there a diagram of the correct way they are placed? also let me explain..I got fuel back to the carbs and spraying etc for a short period and than it went back out and cant get it back...btw I am extremely thankful for your responses

I am only seeing one hose from the engine to the carb

Thread Information