+1

Seat cover wearing in corners

I put a Riva/Jet Trim seat cover on my 05 RXT last summer and never put the stock hard plastic corner protecters back on. The seat cover is starting to wear threw in those spots. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how can I fix this? Adjust the seat or just buy some new corner pieces??

+1
    Sounds like an OOPS.... moment. I have never seen seat conrners (attachments) .... but must be there for a reason (to protect) ... I would locates some and return them to the rightful place. Good Luck

+1
    whenever you slide the seats back on guess what part of the seat is doing the sliding

+1
    The stock corner covers just looked so ugly with the JetTrim cover, didn't think I needed them. So I guess this has happened to others? Can the seat be adjusted upwards with the latch or is that just to secure the seat down? I dont want to put to much pressure on the latch pin and have it break the seat bottom. I emailed JetTrim, maybe they can send me some extra material to cover over the orner and match the cover.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FDRXT View Post
    The stock corner covers just looked so ugly with the JetTrim cover, didn't think I needed them. So I guess this has happened to others? Can the seat be adjusted upwards with the latch or is that just to secure the seat down? I dont want to put to much pressure on the latch pin and have it break the seat bottom. I emailed JetTrim, maybe they can send me some extra material to cover over the orner and match the cover.
    I'm having a custom blackfin made and what I plan to do is have someone sew a triangle out of the same color vinyl. I'll just add some silicon in the tip and slide it over. When it starts to wear bad I'll get another made. Shouldn't be more than a few bucks.

Thread Information