Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rude3

+1

Rude3

This is a RUDE3 that I purchase from a member here and that also was added new washers and viton seals.
    See pictures and let me know what should be change here and should not be use, I know what it is but I want everybody else opinion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368100050.108878.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	300629

+1
    Clearly that is not the correct way to use shims. Be sure to remove them and install them properly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Clearly that is not the correct way to use shims. Be sure to remove them and install them properly.
    Ok, that is not all correct. See you can install the spring washers in certain configurations to achieve a higher slip.

Ok, on second glance I do infact see 2 Shims in places. That I would not do is stack shims., but I believe they did this to achieve certain slip with the SPring washers. NOT the best way. But the dang Rude 3 requires such a high slip.

I do see the fact that they are not the newest washers also.

+1
    Don't really see an issue with stacking the spring washers that way and the new McMaster washers are not the same thickness anymore so its difficult to achieve 18-19lbs. Looks like (())( with the nut un the left. Going to (())) might tigten it up so shims would not be needed if L washer hasn't been sanded.

If your going to be in very rough water conditions you might consider the 2011 Clutch washers. Gold work great for us in our conditions and hold slip better.

The 2011 shaft are not pressed as tight together and its very easy to move the collar on the shaft over 16lbs of slip. We have been drilling and pinning any of the 2011 shafts and 2008 if running over 18.

5. +1 by:

+1
    This charger had 19 ft/pound when received as soon as I tested on my ski it was on 14 pound of boost at 8300, when took the S/C out of the ski to re- check torque the slip it was on 15 ft/pound of torque.
    I do not trust those gold washers at old, I waiting for the ET washers to receive.
    The RXPX 2012 was test on lake in a flat water.
    Up to this point the golden washer from SEADOO used on all 08 plus should no be used on bigger charger regardless of water condition, it will not hold.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombino View Post
    This charger had 19 ft/pound when received as soon as I tested on my ski it was on 14 pound of boost at 8300, when took the S/C out of the ski to re- check torque the slip it was on 15 ft/pound of torque.
    I do not trust those gold washers at old, I waiting for the ET washers to receive.
    The RXPX 2012 was test on lake in a flat water.
    Up to this point the golden washer from SEADOO used on all 08 plus should no be used on bigger charger regardless of water condition, it will not hold.
    Check to make sure collar did not slip on shaft. Look through the oil hole under gear and see if the two pieces are lined up. Gold washers don't loose slip like that.

+1
    I'll look in to it but I will be replacing the gold washer regardless, never had issues with the ET washers.
    I'll take pictures once I install the ET washers.
    Also the shaft has some play as well, the my ET137 charger does not have that play at all, I wonder if who ever install did checked the play on this charger and are able to re-check.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombino View Post
    I'll look in to it but I will be replacing the gold washer regardless, never had issues with the ET washers.
    I'll take pictures once I install the ET washers.
    Also the shaft has some play as well, the my ET137 charger does not have that play at all, I wonder if who ever install did checked the play on this charger and are able to re-check.
    At 19lbs most likey the collar moved a thou or two. The collar starts right after the splines for spline washer between where gear roller bearings ride. If there is any gap there its game over.

We have hundreds of hours on the gold washers pushing 3 Rude and 2 Rude chargers without issue. The 2011 clutch washers can be sanded like Art does and it might not have to be reset.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Ok, that is not all correct. See you can install the spring washers in certain configurations to achieve a higher slip.

Ok, on second glance I do infact see 2 Shims in places. That I would not do is stack shims., but I believe they did this to achieve certain slip with the SPring washers. NOT the best way. But the dang Rude 3 requires such a high slip.

I do see the fact that they are not the newest washers also.
    Austin:

Clear your inbox, it is full.
    Let me know when you do.

Gold washers on my miniRude....30 hours and and going strong at nearly 86 mph and 8900 RPM on a PX.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information