Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Ratrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    269
    +1
    12

    Polaris TXI ...idle problem

    is there a way to adjust the idle? it will only run if I rev the engine but stalls if I release the throttle. it only try to idle at 800 to 900 rpm's. thanks


  2. #2
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,584
    +1
    1,272
    What is the history on this machine?

    New to you? Has it ever run correctly for you?

    What spark plugs are in it?

    What maintenance and service history?

  3. #3
    Ratrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    269
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What is the history on this machine?

    New to you? Has it ever run correctly for you?

    What spark plugs are in it?

    What maintenance and service history?
    bought the ski with a bad engine. put new crankshaft and oversized pistons( 1mm over). will check the plugs and let you know

  4. #4
    Ratrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    269
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratrace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What is the history on this machine?

    New to you? Has it ever run correctly for you?

    What spark plugs are in it?

    What maintenance and service history?
    bought the ski with a bad engine. put new crankshaft and oversized pistons( 1mm over). will check the plugs and let you know
    the plugs are NKG PZFR7G-G
    im also getting 20 lb pressure from the fuel rail..
    Last edited by Ratrace; 05-10-2013 at 06:44 PM.

  5. #5
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,584
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratrace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratrace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What is the history on this machine?

    New to you? Has it ever run correctly for you?

    What spark plugs are in it?

    What maintenance and service history?
    bought the ski with a bad engine. put new crankshaft and oversized pistons( 1mm over). will check the plugs and let you know
    the plugs are NKG PZFR7G-G
    Should be NGK PZFR6H, no substitutes. The Ficht system is very sensitive to incorrect spark plugs. I have no idea how the 7G-G spark plugs differ from the required 6H version, but numerous reports of using anything other than the correct NGK PZFR6H spark plugs typically results in problems and weird symptoms.

  6. #6
    Ratrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    269
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratrace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratrace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What is the history on this machine?

    New to you? Has it ever run correctly for you?

    What spark plugs are in it?

    What maintenance and service history?
    bought the ski with a bad engine. put new crankshaft and oversized pistons( 1mm over). will check the plugs and let you know
    the plugs are NKG PZFR7G-G
    Should be NGK PZFR6H, no substitutes. The Ficht system is very sensitive to incorrect spark plugs. I have no idea how the 7G-G spark plugs differ from the required 6H version, but numerous reports of using anything other than the correct NGK PZFR6H spark plugs typically results in problems and weird symptoms.
    OK will get the right pugs and try it then...thanks

  7. #7
    Ratrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    269
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratrace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratrace View Post

    the plugs are NKG PZFR7G-G
    Should be NGK PZFR6H, no substitutes. The Ficht system is very sensitive to incorrect spark plugs. I have no idea how the 7G-G spark plugs differ from the required 6H version, but numerous reports of using anything other than the correct NGK PZFR6H spark plugs typically results in problems and weird symptoms.
    OK will get the right pugs and try it then...thanks
    replaced them with the 6H and still the same result...any ideas? thanks

  8. #8
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,584
    +1
    1,272
    Which spark plugs are in there now?

  9. #9
    Ratrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    269
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Which spark plugs are in there now?
    just put in NGK PZFR6H...still will not start or idle. if I use starter fluid it will run only if rev it to 5000 to 6000 rpm's. it stalls when I release the throttle. sometimes it will start and idle at about 1000 rpm's but shake hard and then stall.

  10. #10
    ThrottleOut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    727
    +1
    29
    Try disconnecting the throttle position sensor and seeing if the ski starts and idles properly. If it does, don't try to rev the engine as the TPS is part of how the EMM controls fuel and timing. If the ski idles ok then the TPS needs to be replaced with a new unit. Don't bother with a used one as they are a common failure point.

    Next I'd probably verify that compression is good and then check fuel pressure. Also if you haven't already check out the link in K447's signature and look at the fuel injected stuff. That'll help point you in the right direction as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1997 Polaris SL1050 Bilge Pump, and idle problems
    By Peltschinger in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-28-2016, 11:13 AM
  2. High Idle problem on 2001 Polaris Virage TXi,
    By awesome1 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 09:46 AM
  3. 2001 Polaris Genesis idle problem
    By Jessie00721 in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 09:09 AM
  4. 2000 Polaris Slh Bogging problem off Idle
    By polarisbuyer in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 09:42 PM
  5. Polaris virage idle problem
    By zephyrlius in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 10:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •