Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What mods can I do on an ultra 150 without having to upgrade my carbs

I'm new to the pwc world but not new to custom fabrication as I have tons of experience modding motorcycles dirt bikes and cars. I was wondering what I can do to my ultra 150 before I have to get new carbs, to my understanding they're very expensive. I am also not yet familiar with the ultra "lingo" and I see a lot of people referring to certain mods and have no clue what they are actually doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just leave her stock.. once you start messing with the carbs you run into a lot of reliability issues. Skis fast as it is handling mods make a huge difference.

What mods would you like to know about? Tripple pisser kit should be your first. Shredmaster, sponsons, intame grate...

I was mostly wondering what mods can be done to the engine while leaving the stock carbs as is. I ordered a triple pisser kit a few days ago, last season I put an R&D intake grate on it, thinking about beach house sponsons and shredmaster ride plate

It honestly just like any engine. You change anything with the exhaust or spark arrester change the comoression you have to play with the carbs. Best bet would be to upgrade them to buckshot since there's no high and low setting on these carbs. Most will tell you just to leave it stock. Shredmaster and beach house is a good combination

+1
    I wouldnt touch the engine unless you want to swap carbs to buckshot 48s or mikuni 44s with heads. You can do the stinger mod from skiworx if they provide decent service. Other then that leave it stock. Sponsons and Shredmaster ride plate are the best 2 options to make the ski better. The R&D grate slows the ski down a little bit but loads the pump with water if you ride in lots of chop. I polished my stock intake to minimize water flow disturbance and got 69.3mph out of my ski before I swapped impellers.

That's kind of what I thought, I guess I'll leave the motor stock maybe I'll get into it over next winter. Ive been trying to find a set of beach house sponsons, called a few places and apparently no one can get them, maybe they don't make them for the ultra 150 anymore. Anyone know where I can get a set? If not what would be my next best choice, both places that I called said they can get me the worx sponsons. Also what's the deal with the aggressors, are sponsons more or less all the same?

Beach houses arent produced anymors be patient you'll see a uses set pop up sooner or later. Not sure of all the diff between them but I believe only the beach houses are adjustable. Not to long ago ada had there sponsons on clearance. Check there web site

+1
    Loved my shred master and beach house sponsons on my ultra. Thing handled like a dream!

+1
    Beach House are the best but arent made anymore, I am using Worx on my ski with no issues. ADA have been sold out for awhile now so good luck finding them.

I have used Beach House and Agresser sponsons. I really liked the Agresser for a tight cornering feel. The Beach House were good, but I preferred the Agresser. If I remember correctly, they were a bit faster.

+1 on the stinger mod. The tripple pisser is a MUST. You are wise to leave the carbs alone.

Ask around on the parts for sale fourm. There is a lot of used Ultra 150 aftermarket parts sitting in garages now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information