Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2011 STX 15F Is this a good all around ski?

Hey guys, I currently have a 2011 Ultra 300 LX and love that ski. Its a hell of a work horse and a load of fun to ride.

I had a guy contact me today with a decent deal on a new 2011 STX-15F and a FWP lease returned 2012 STX-15F which only has 15 hours on it and looks damn near new. My thinking is I could get one of these skis and then would have a more comfortable, ALL AROUND ski that my wife could ride without being intimidated in any way.

Are these good ALL AROUND skis?

Any negatives to know about with these?

I absolutely love my 300 Ultra LX so if it rides anything like that one I would be very happy and I think my wife would as well. I also have several neices and nephews that will be getting into the riding age very soon and think this would be a better option for them then the full power 300 Ultra LX.

Your thoughts would be most appreciated. Thanks.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    I'll tell you now that it does not ride like a 300, its much more playful but a lot wetter and more bouncy in the rough, if you want comfort buy another 300 or an ultra lx. That being said the stx is a blast to ride and there are few other skis I enjoy even half as much, its very fun, not serious but fun. See if you can take it for a test ride.

Sean

+1
    I would say so. They are good for your nieces and nephews. I have ridden the stx-15F, and it is not like the ultra as far as power, but still lots of fun. It is like an ultra with a lot less power.

+1
    Ya they are great. Reliable and playful. Yes not as fast but quick outta the hole. Go for it. Probably gonna pick one up myself for the wife

Thanks guys, may go in tomorrow and see what kind of numbers he can get me on the new 2011. Its the same color as my 300 Ultra LX so would be a good match!!

Great ski! Very durable! I love mine! 2004 stx15F

+1
    2010 stx15F. Very satisfied with mine. And a good ski for my Wife. You will NOT be disappointed.

Pulled the trigger on the new 2011 STX-15f. Got a screamin deal on the ski and a new 2 slot shoreline trailer. Now just have to wait for a bit warmer weather to get out on the water here in Montana, still a bit cool. Will post review when we get it on the water and most importantly, my wifes opinion of her new ride.

Thanks for your time and input on this topic, most appreciated!!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
    Pulled the trigger on the new 2011 STX-15f. Got a screamin deal on the ski and a new 2 slot shoreline trailer. Now just have to wait for a bit warmer weather to get out on the water here in Montana, still a bit cool. Will post review when we get it on the water and most importantly, my wifes opinion of her new ride.

Thanks for your time and input on this topic, most appreciated!!
    What's a screaming deal ?

$7.5K out the door for ski and trailer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information