Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Best Seadoo to buy?

    Hey guys. Literally have just signed up just now.

    Really sorry for the list of questions......
    Any info at all would be awesome.

    I'm looking at buying a Seadoo next month and just can't decide which is the best for me?
    I love wakeboarding though have read some bad reveiws on the Wake Pro 215?
    What is the top of the line Seadoo?
    What's the best between RXT-X 260 / RXT-X AS 260 / RXP-X 260 / GTX Limited iS 260?
    Can i wakeboard/wakeskate behind any or all of these?
    Which is the most comfortable ride but the most aggressive?

    Thanks Guys


  2. #2
    SCHNORR12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lake George, NY
    Posts
    834
    +1
    92
    If you read through the forums, you will find answers to all your questions. The best way to decide what Sea Doo is best for you, is to ride them all. For many, this is not a realistic option. If you're looking for help with purchasing your first Sea Doo, you need to tell us what your price range is and what you are looking to get out of the ski.

    I personally wouldn't ever purchase a Wake Pro 215 because you can wakeboard behind any ski and if you are serious about wakeboarding you are going to do it behind a boat, not a Sea Doo. The "top of the line" Sea Doos are the GTX models. The RXT-X, RXT-X AS, RXP-X, and GTX Limited are all better in certain aspects and worse in others. It depends what your riding style is and where you're going to be riding. The most comfortable yet most aggressive is most likely going to be the RXT-X AS. Just remember, suspension skis are much more expensive to fix because you have to take the suspension off to get into most of the engine compartment. This is something I am currently dealing with.

  3. #3
    First thanks for the quick reply and all the info.

    Unfortunately i can't even ride any of them as i'm in the Bahamas and it's literally the case of ordering what ski you want.
    I don't really have a budget so basically whatever is the best suited ski would be the one I will go for.

    I will be getting a wakebording boat when I move back to Florida probably middle of next year but don't want to be hauling it back and forward while having big duty expenses here.
    I used to race moto x though now living on a canal front that's 2 mins from the ocean i'd rather be on the water.
    Do all the GTX, RXT & RXP models have suspension?
    I think i read somewhere that one of them doesn't have a towing eye which would be a problem? (not sure how correct this is)
    Does towing someone damage the suspension?

    Thanks again

  4. #4
    SCHNORR12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lake George, NY
    Posts
    834
    +1
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackOpsSniper View Post
    First thanks for the quick reply and all the info.

    Unfortunately i can't even ride any of them as i'm in the Bahamas and it's literally the case of ordering what ski you want.
    I don't really have a budget so basically whatever is the best suited ski would be the one I will go for.

    I will be getting a wakebording boat when I move back to Florida probably middle of next year but don't want to be hauling it back and forward while having big duty expenses here.
    I used to race moto x though now living on a canal front that's 2 mins from the ocean i'd rather be on the water.
    Do all the GTX, RXT & RXP models have suspension?
    I think i read somewhere that one of them doesn't have a towing eye which would be a problem? (not sure how correct this is)
    Does towing someone damage the suspension?

    Thanks again
    I didn't try them all first either, I just bought what was the best deal. If you're going to do ocean riding you may want to consider a model with suspension. I know the GTX and RXT-X are available with suspension. You can wakeboard behind either ski, you don't need a Wake Pro 215. If any of those do not have a towing eye it would be the RXP since you legally need a 3 seater to tow (at least here in the United States). Towing does nothing to the suspension.

  5. #5
    Thanks for all the answers.
    Really appreciate it

    Last one.....If you were going to buy any one which would it be??

  6. #6
    Sigmarxt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    396
    +1
    43
    I would go for the rxtx 260. It combines all worlds. Rxpx is the most "race ready" you can buy but it looses points on recreation. The suspension models are good if you constantly ride on open waters with chop. However, it is a complex ski to to service due to access difficulties. The rxtx on the other hand has a sporty way of riding. It sounds complicated for you but I have ridden all three. Hands down for the rxtx you wont regret it. You can wake with it, take it for a cruise, aggressive ride it and of course beat the hell out of it plus it is more comfortable than rxpx...my next ski for sure.

  7. #7
    Thanks man. Whats the difference between the "as" version then?

  8. #8
    wotxxxsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,928
    +1
    472
    If your looking for a easier ski to maintain then don't get a suspension model ski.
    They are great skis if your mechanically inclined.
    When they break its a night mare just trying to do basic services.
    I'd go with a rxtx 260 or rxt 260.
    The thing is you want to get something that's easily maintained since your in the islands and not near quality service techs..
    All doos 08 and newer are almost bullet proof.
    If you want somebody to locate you a great used ski then pm me.
    I deal with alot of people from other countries and they keep calling me for more because I will never sell you a junk ski.
    Good luck in your search!!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    211
    +1
    2
    If you will be wakeboarding the spotter will thank you for the handles on the Wake , trust me on that. Having said that, If you will mostly be just out riding I would go with sometheing else, I would much rather ride my RXT over my Wake, granted my Wake is NA.

    I say go RXT-X.

  10. #10
    SCHNORR12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lake George, NY
    Posts
    834
    +1
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackOpsSniper View Post
    Thanks for all the answers.
    Really appreciate it

    Last one.....If you were going to buy any one which would it be??
    I have a 2010 GTX iS 215. To say I got a good deal on it is an understatement, but I wish it was the Limited so I had the 260HP. So with that said, I'd get the GTX Limited or the RXT-X 260. The features on the GTX are just awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmarxt View Post
    I would go for the rxtx 260. It combines all worlds. Rxpx is the most "race ready" you can buy but it looses points on recreation. The suspension models are good if you constantly ride on open waters with chop. However, it is a complex ski to to service due to access difficulties. The rxtx on the other hand has a sporty way of riding. It sounds complicated for you but I have ridden all three. Hands down for the rxtx you wont regret it. You can wake with it, take it for a cruise, aggressive ride it and of course beat the hell out of it plus it is more comfortable than rxpx...my next ski for sure.
    The suspension models are great if you are constantly riding in chop. It is a more complex ski to service but I think people exaggerate this a bit too much. I was under the impression, based on posts here on Greenhulk, that lifting the suspension to get to the engine bay was an extremely complicated process. I did it yesterday with my friend who is a certified Sea Doo Tech and I can say with confidence that I could do it myself (lift it) in under 30 minutes (with power tools). The skis without suspension are definitely easier to work on, but the ones with them aren't the project many make it seem.

    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    If your looking for a easier ski to maintain then don't get a suspension model ski.
    They are great skis if your mechanically inclined.
    When they break its a night mare just trying to do basic services.
    I'd go with a rxtx 260 or rxt 260.
    The thing is you want to get something that's easily maintained since your in the islands and not near quality service techs..
    All doos 08 and newer are almost bullet proof.
    If you want somebody to locate you a great used ski then pm me.
    I deal with alot of people from other countries and they keep calling me for more because I will never sell you a junk ski.
    Good luck in your search!!
    He said he's moving back to Florida, so if he is lucky he won't have it long enough for it to break in the Bahamas.

    Quote Originally Posted by gators8 View Post
    If you will be wakeboarding the spotter will thank you for the handles on the Wake , trust me on that. Having said that, If you will mostly be just out riding I would go with sometheing else, I would much rather ride my RXT over my Wake, granted my Wake is NA.

    I say go RXT-X.
    Always be the driver or the wakeboarder, spotting is for the girls who want rides on your ski. Haha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Best place to buy an 800cc crank
    By KevinS in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2007, 11:39 PM
  2. Where is the best place to buy kill switch
    By jeeprunnr in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2007, 03:18 PM
  3. Where is the best place to buy Yamaha OEM parts?
    By Fandini in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 08:57 PM
  4. Where is the best place to buy a BEST extended warrantee
    By rxtscott in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-19-2006, 12:38 PM
  5. Best place to buy new ECU?
    By Pale Rider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 12-15-2005, 10:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •