Riva / Athena stage kits for the 2012 rxp x260 Need info.

Hello everyone, I am in the market for either the Riva / Athena stage 2 or stage 3 kits, but I have read on this forum and others about issues with the Athena tunes. Problems were, engine surging at higher rpms "8000-8500", check engine light staying on until you remove the key and reinstall it, The IBR getting stuck in neutral until you remove and reinstall key and failure to start or being extremely hard to start. I have asked questions about this on all post I read them on, but can't seem to get a reply. My riding time is limited, so I don't want to spend all my time on a laptop uploading and downloading tunes trying to get my ski to work correctly. I would think that if you are paying close to 5000 bucks for a "kit that has been tested" all of these bugs would be worked out. Does anyone on here have either one of these kits and if so are you having any issues? If there are issues with the kits, can anyone recommend another "Kit" that I can use. Thanks for any advice.

Morgan City, LA
    Riva released a firmware update that has corrected the issues you have read about in the past

Don't forget that the forums online store has these kits listed 10% off retail

Hialeah, FL
    The new firmware allows you to change some parameter on the IBE, download the new firmware as Jerry recommended and see if that cures the problem that you are having, I personally had an issue with it.

This is great to hear. I thought I had looked everywhere for the answer, but I must have overlooked that post. Thanks for the reply. What kind of numbers are folks getting from the stage 2 and stage 3 such as 0-70 times. I am interested in 0-70 power, 70-75mph is plenty fast for me. Ijjust want to get there as quick as possible. Any feedback will be much appreciated

Thread Information