2005 Honda R12X MST sensor??

Hi everyone,
    I just picked up a 2005 Honda R12x for a good deal. I like honda bikes so I wanted to try the ski. I am pretty mechanically inclined but I am having a little trouble diagnosing a problem.

I bought the ski not running. It has 77 hours on it, but it sat for quite a few years.
    I was able to get it to run, but only for a few seconds before the buzzer sounds.

I checked codes and it is code 46 for the MST sensor or manifold surface temperature sensor.

The ski will start and idle for about 3-4 seconds, then shuts off with the buzzing. The F1 and temp light come one. The only way it will start back up is if I disconnect the battery, and it will only start for a few seconds again.

thanks for any input, I appreciate it.

I figured it out... someone must have been messing with this before me. The wires were pinch in the exhaust elbow grounding them out telling the computer it was too hot. Runs great, but now I have to find a turbo rebuild kit and wastegate actuator.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shwine617 View Post
    I figured it out... someone must have been messing with this before me. The wires were pinch in the exhaust elbow grounding them out telling the computer it was too hot. Runs great, but now I have to find a turbo rebuild kit and wastegate actuator.
    Why what is wrong with the turbo?

the wastegate actuator is rotted. the compressor wheel has some chips and is stuck.

Thread Information