+1

Ignition plug CORROSION(part number)?

Anybody had corrosion on an ignition plug before. I found it a while ago and have had on going problems with it since. I clean them as best I could, both the plug and the coil pack. I think what has happened is after cleaning the plug with a tiny flat blade screw I have damaged the spring mechanism of the contact. Also the pins on the are looks pretty ordinary. So it looks like I am up for a new coil pack(wow expansive) and a plug.

Does anybody know the part number of the plug. I can't seem to find it in the OEM parts store.

Thanks

Daniel
    Last edited by db2540; 05-11-2013 at 03:14 AM. Reason: gramma

+1
    Just had a quick look on parts I presume you are requiring a new connection for a coil pack for your 2009 FZS ??
    doesn't look like you can buy the connections separately for your model you have to buy a complete loom through Yamaha ...
    I haven't seen your connection to compare it but maybe you can match a connection on a seadoo as you can buy a few of there connections I checked out a wiring diagram and noted you need a 3 pin connection
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Electric plug idea.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	485.5 KB 
ID:	300784  

+1
    Thanks for the info Westy. I have not traced the loom back. Will do tomorrow. All I really need is 3 new pins to terminate then I could reuse my plug. I tend to go a little silly with the hose when cleaning. The other 3 plugs looks fine and have all had an electrical grease applied to help the seal.

+1
    Same things happens to me. IDK why
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=189631

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    That has happen to me also but thats not what I am talking about here. Water in spark plug holes lossed me 500 rpm. I sucked the water out and replaced plugs. Easy fix. Not so easy replacing part of the wiring loom.

+1
    Small update

I rang my machanic. He told me they only sell complete looms so your talking big dollars.

Contacted yamaha and got a reply not even worth repeating. Waiting for another response.

If anyone out there owns a seadoo. Would you be able to take a photo of the type of female terminals used on your ignition coils so I can compare it to yamahas. I will put up a photo of what yamaha uses once I find our camera.

I have spent the last couple of night hunting around on RS etc with no luck so far. Found somethings similar but not exact. I have cleaned up the connection and bent the spring part of the terminal so it would probably run now but for how long. I will be buying a hand full once I find these little things.

Cheers

Daniel

Thread Information