Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

i need of piston rings and a gasket kit for a 97 sltx 1050 HELP

It has no power in the water runs fine when hooked to the water hose. I pulled the plugs the first one was dry second two damp with gas and oil. Found out that the compression should blow your thumb of and it doesn't on any of the cylinders. I guess that since i don't have a compression tester that will have to do. Looks easy to get the heads and jugs off. Should i just hone the cylinders and put the same size rings back or have them bored and new pistons and rings. The next question is that do they still make rings for it or a rebore kit. And where to purchase.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hgkittyhawk View Post
    It has no power in the water runs fine when hooked to the water hose. I pulled the plugs the first one was dry second two damp with gas and oil. Found out that the compression should blow your thumb of and it doesn't on any of the cylinders. I guess that since i don't have a compression tester that will have to do. Looks easy to get the heads and jugs off. Should i just hone the cylinders and put the same size rings back or have them bored and new pistons and rings. The next question is that do they still make rings for it or a rebore kit. And where to purchase.

Welcome to the Hulk!

I suggest you go buy a compression tester as it only costs a fraction of what a top-end job will run you. Compression needs to be tested with ALL the spark plugs out and wide open throttle while performing the test on each cylinder. If your compression is then low you'll need to tear down the engine and inspect to find out what you'll need. Post lots of pictures, It will help everyone help you and, who doesn't like pictures :P

Concerning the one plug being dry u may have a carb/fuel issue aswell. It may be the cause of your lack of power.

Lots of good info here- http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com
    Last edited by K447; 05-11-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Thanks will do so didn't know you needed all the plugs out and the throttle wide open

I have done a compression test and from the back to front 80 80 90. What are they normally and what should i do now thanks guys

My 1050 was 135# on all three before I changed heads. 155# now. If it were my engine, I would be buying the next oversized pistons for it and have it bored.

Thanks where do i get the gaskets for this Thanks. And does the motor have to come out to do this

Pulling the motor makes it easier for disassembling and especially for assembling. You can buy gaskets directly from Polaris or thru John Zigler. If you buy a piston kit like from Wiseco the top end gaskets are included.

+1
    PM sent.

+1
    I have gaskets, pistons, rings, carb kits, new fuel line, and other related parts.

I can also bore your cyls for you, if you want to send them to me.

It is important to go over every thing, and determine what caused your engine failure. I recommend going through the fuel system completely, oil injection, and cooling system as well.

Pleasse give me a call at the shop during hours if I can help.

Sounds like i got some work to do. Is it even worth fixin it I can do the work except the boring part. Thanks everyone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information