Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

R3 reflash results on FZR!!! Really happy!!

Hi guys!

Today i went out to test my R3 reflash with great results!! My fzr ran 110 kmh with gps (around 112 kmh in the speedometer) and hitting the rev limiter hard at 7650 rpms, my mods are Riva air filter, ribbon delete, BOV, R&D intake grate and Tommy jordan free flow mod. Now i added the R3 reflash with 8500 rpm limiter and get surprised with the results, now it runs 122 kmh in the speedometer and hits 8200 / 8300 rpms constantly, so i can see about 10 kmh speed increase with just the add of the R3 reflash!! I know that base my numbers in the OEM speedometer is not the right way to measure te gains and i will take my GPS next time to see the real increase. So far im very happy with the results and will post the GPS numbers as soon as i can. The ski has stock wheel, stock rideplate, sock untouched impeller and stock IC so this can be good information to those who start with the mods.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    good job, get a intercooler next, as that will be your next let down when the summer gets here

3. +1 by:

+1
    I love that you modeled your ski after Mike's last racer. Did you but the Exotic graphics package? It look cool !

Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    good job, get a intercooler next, as that will be your next let down when the summer gets here
    Thanks Rick, thas is excatly what im gonna do next! Riva cooler coming in next month to keep my rpms where they must be.

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    I love that you modeled your ski after Mike's last racer. Did you but the Exotic graphics package? It look cool !
    Ozark thatīs Follmerīs ski in my avatar, my FZR is stock in the outside.

+1
    Did you ever GPS this ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroStream6 View Post
    Did you ever GPS this ?
    I'm wondering the same thing. I'm also a little skeptical of the RPM gain.

hitting the rev limiter hard at 7650 rpms, my mods are Riva air filter, ribbon delete, BOV, R&D intake grate and Tommy jordan free flow mod. Now i added the R3 reflash with 8500 rpm limiter and get surprised with the results, now it runs 122 kmh in the speedometer and hits 8200 / 8300 rpms constantly
    That's a 600 RPM gain over stock from a R3 tune, Riva air filter, ribbon delete, and TJ free flow? Is this what most people gain from these mods? If so that's fantastic and I look forward to getting my ECU tuned.

+1
    Jerry told me to expect around 8300 on mine with the R3 and my Skat (stock wheel/IC), Im hitting the limiter at 7750ish right now. We'll see next week.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by @JC View Post
    Jerry told me to expect around 8300 on mine with the R3 and my Skat (stock wheel/IC), Im hitting the limiter at 7750ish right now. We'll see next week.
    Hmm Now I'm really curious to know how much speed he gained (GPS verified). I'm over 70mph consistently now with a bone stock motor with only 6 hours on it. I wonder if it's possible to get to 74mph with stock engine internals, stock IC & stock SC? I don't care to search through the entire Yamaha speed database thread, because it doesn't look to be maintained anymore. Seems like from this and a few other threads that people are having good results with an R3 tune on stock SC & stock IC motors. I was leaning heavily toward an R1 for now to avoid being pig rich, but maybe the r3 is the better way to go?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pwc4life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by @JC View Post
    Hmm Now I'm really curious to know how much speed he gained (GPS verified). I'm over 70mph consistently now with a bone stock motor with only 6 hours on it. I wonder if it's possible to get to 74mph with stock engine internals, stock IC & stock SC? I don't care to search through the entire Yamaha speed database thread, because it doesn't look to be maintained anymore. Seems like from this and a few other threads that people are having good results with an R3 tune on stock SC & stock IC motors. I was leaning heavily toward an R1 for now to avoid being pig rich, but maybe the r3 is the better way to go?
    I should have mine out this next week to do some runs and I will have my GPS with me

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information