Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Would you Pull the motor for the polymere cage SCer failure? Used RXTX saga.

Guys I learned a few lesson this week for sure. I learned that not all people can be trusted and I am a dumb ass for not do a test ride and taking this jack ass word for his RXT=X.

I bought a 10 T=X for the wife and kids and it had 65 hours and was nice. SO I paid him with out a test run..

Well Im gonna just cut the story short as it pisses me off. The ski didnt run correctly and then shut of hard with a hard thunk. Then starter sound locked up. So ray towed me back to his dock.

Guess what>? SCer locked up yep it was locked hard. So I pull it out and get it home on the press and one bearing is stuck inbetween the houseing and shaft ready to drop in the motor, But it was locke in there extremly hard. After I pushed the shaft out I look down and guess what I had some luck. all seven bearings were in my catch bowl.

SO question is should I pull the motor to clean out the polymer cage houseing? Or just check front pump and clean?
    Yes I can pull motor and do the work, but I cant see the polymer cage being a big deal?

WHAT do you guys think?

Bought ski thursday and it was locked up friday and the guy promiss he would take care of any issues if any arrised after my first ride......WELL moral of the story kids is do not believe amy body even if they are a saint. FUCK EM:::

Oh and this was bought for MB to take the kids on with wife.
    So if anyone out there can help with a X SCer. I really could use a break. BUT please if your offer make dang sure you trust it as I really wouldnt like this to happen again with my kids on it at MB,

+1
    Man this is hard to believe! Is this a pure stock ski or has SC been modified in any way?

He promised to care of any issues after first ride........right. If that is true, I would pull the engine and take it apart and send him the bill.

Sure sounds suspicious.

Very sorry to hear this.....

+1
    It's better to be safe then sorry.
    Pull it and inspect.
    You will be glad you did and then you will not have to worry.

Get the scum bag to pony up some $$$$

+1
    Clean it out , as it bit me on my ass ...

The ring gear could be damaged and crap in the oil galleries ...

+1
    Ouch what a douche bag , Sorry to hear that you got taken man. Does Texas have any "cool down" law's? in NJ if you purchase anything from anyone and there is a contract "bill of sale" you have 3 days to get your money back for any reason. Maybe Texas has something like this?

At least it seems like you know what your doing and dont have to rely on a stealer to get you going again. just sucks that you have to do it on a "new" ski

+1
    Damn that sucks. I personally think you should pull it to inspect the motor so you know for sure nothing will happen in the long run. The guy did say he would "cover" the bill, but at this point, I am not sure if he will after selling you a jacked up ski.

Did it lock up right when you first turned the ski on or after a few minutes of riding?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Guys I learned a few lesson this week for sure. I learned that not all people can be trusted and I am a dumb ass for not do a test ride and taking this jack ass word for his RXT=X.

I bought a 10 T=X for the wife and kids and it had 65 hours and was nice. SO I paid him with out a test run..

Well Im gonna just cut the story short as it pisses me off. The ski didnt run correctly and then shut of hard with a hard thunk. Then starter sound locked up. So ray towed me back to his dock.

Guess what>? SCer locked up yep it was locked hard. So I pull it out and get it home on the press and one bearing is stuck inbetween the houseing and shaft ready to drop in the motor, But it was locke in there extremly hard. After I pushed the shaft out I look down and guess what I had some luck. all seven bearings were in my catch bowl.

SO question is should I pull the motor to clean out the polymer cage houseing? Or just check front pump and clean?
    Yes I can pull motor and do the work, but I cant see the polymer cage being a big deal?

WHAT do you guys think?

Bought ski thursday and it was locked up friday and the guy promiss he would take care of any issues if any arrised after my first ride......WELL moral of the story kids is do not believe amy body even if they are a saint. FUCK EM:::

Oh and this was bought for MB to take the kids on with wife.
    So if anyone out there can help with a X SCer. I really could use a break. BUT please if your offer make dang sure you trust it as I really wouldnt like this to happen again with my kids on it at MB,
    I would start by pulling the front pump cover and see what you find. If all of the cage is there I would inspect the flywheel with a mirror and flash light through the sc hole as you rotate the motor little by little by hand. If all is good I wouldn't sweat it.

+1
    I would pull the engine and clean it.
    I wouldn't be able to WOT around the place knowing some pieces are still inside...

To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    +1
    Pull it and check. What's it going to cost? A PTO gasket and some sealant and oil plus a days work VS what's it going to save $$$$

10. +1 by:

+1
    Personally you don't have to pull the motor. You caught all the bearings. The front pump tends to catch most of the shit pull it. Of course change your oil and filter. I have had worse I had a supercharger lock up at 75 and was a work of art inside. I would however recheck the front oil pump screen in say a few hours and change the oil again a little sooner than recommended

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information