Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just got an 08 250x and>>>

Totally psyched to get it, it's a very clean ski with only 37 hours haven't put it in the water yet but can't wait. Sometimes I hate forums because mostly it's folks asking about problems and that can be a drag you start to think "hmm did I buy the wrong ski?". I always read the "known problem" threads and see these have some bearing issue well I brought my straight to the kawy dealer to install the 300 parts that and an overall "going over" I'm 615 bucks less happy lol

My real question is are the ultras and damage prone as people make them out to be? has any one had no issues?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    as long as you stay on top of them with maintenance no. some people get lucky others dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    as long as you stay on top of them with maintenance no. some people get lucky others dont.
    I'm pretty anal about my ski's and maintenace won't be a problem but a little luck wouldn't hurt either!

+1
    Just like anything the unhappy people scream louder and longer than those that are happy. Yes some have had problems but many have not. Kawi Mike is still racing his 2008 with LOTS of hours

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    Just like anything the unhappy people scream louder and longer than those that are happy. Yes some have had problems but many have not. Kawi Mike is still racing his 2008 with LOTS of hours
    haha well then thank goodness for them it helps me make sure I'm doing the right maintenance an what to look for. I would have been pissed If I hadn't read about the pump bearing failure 500 is a lot for the job but a motor is A LOT more.

+1
    I hit 220 hours last race on an 08 250x. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by robby212 View Post
    Totally psyched to get it, it's a very clean ski with only 37 hours haven't put it in the water yet but can't wait. Sometimes I hate forums because mostly it's folks asking about problems and that can be a drag you start to think "hmm did I buy the wrong ski?". I always read the "known problem" threads and see these have some bearing issue well I brought my straight to the kawy dealer to install the 300 parts that and an overall "going over" I'm 615 bucks less happy lol

My real question is are the ultras and damage prone as people make them out to be? has any one had no issues?
    Speed read all the tech tips and info section on this site.
    There is a part from sirbreaksalot about maintenance on the 250x.
    Live by that and you will have nothing but enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by KawiMike View Post
    I hit 220 hours last race on an 08 250x. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.
    220hrs - I like to read about ski's with thee sort of hrs, I have 73hrs on mine and a not so well SC (will be replaced this week with new after riding the weekend and felt power down).

My real question is are the ultras and damage prone as people make them out to be? has any one had no issues?[/QUOTE]
    Speed read all the tech tips and info section on this site.
    There is a part from sirbreaksalot about maintenance on the 250x.
    Live by that and you will have nothing but enjoyment.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info ill search him

Quote Originally Posted by KawiMike View Post
    Hey KawiMike what oil and weight do you use? Thanks for the reply

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information