Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
  1. #1
    derekshep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    austin, ky
    Posts
    159
    +1
    2

    ok you polaris lovers, will this work?

    i got a 95 ranger rebel jet boat. i thinking of putting twin 750 polaris motors and jet drives in it. my question is will it have enough power. heres the specs.

    95 rebel 1100lbs 120hp 16'x7'1/2"
    putting the jetdrives where the red dots are. taking out the berkeley and reglassing it back up.



    95 slt750 530lbs 80hp 10'x3'1/2" (X2)
    going to use these motors and jet drives from 750sl and 650sl

    if i put both jetdrives and motors in the boat am i going to have enough power to push this boat 50-60?


  2. #2
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,574
    +1
    1,272
    Seems like way more work than putting in a single larger HP engine. Dual jet pumps is complicated installation. You going to have enough room to cram two engines together that closely spaced?

    Somehow I doubt 160 HP (through two jet pumps) is going to move the hull to 60mph.

    Why not look for a single engine that has the power needed to move the hull?

  3. #3
    derekshep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    austin, ky
    Posts
    159
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Seems like way more work than putting in a single larger HP engine. Dual jet pumps is complicated installation. You going to have enough room to cram two engines together that closely spaced?

    Somehow I doubt 160 HP (through two jet pumps) is going to move the hull to 60mph.

    Why not look for a single engine that has the power needed to move the hull?
    yeah they will fit. it used to be powered by a small block, but the berkeley jet is gutted.





    what size motor you think would be big enough?

  4. #4
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,574
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by derekshep View Post
    ... what size motor you think would be big enough?
    This would do it;

    4-Tec Jetmate.

  5. #5
    LaveyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    672
    +1
    10
    45+ would be my best guess. If you know the weight and speed with the old motor there is a calculator that is fairly accurate.
    http://www.go-fast.com/boat_speed_predictions.htm
    If the original speed was 45mph (110hp) the constant would be 136. Assuming 160 HP the top speed would be 52mph. I have messed with this thing before and it is pretty close.

  6. #6
    derekshep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    austin, ky
    Posts
    159
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by LaveyT View Post
    45+ would be my best guess. If you know the weight and speed with the old motor there is a calculator that is fairly accurate.
    http://www.go-fast.com/boat_speed_predictions.htm
    If the original speed was 45mph (110hp) the constant would be 136. Assuming 160 HP the top speed would be 52mph. I have messed with this thing before and it is pretty close.
    cool

  7. #7
    derekshep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    austin, ky
    Posts
    159
    +1
    2
    the issue i have is the 12je jet needs everything. going to cost about $1000. then need the 350 motor. thats another $500.

    on the other hand i have everything to do the twin 750's. just need to rebuild the top end on one. that $200. another $200 in fiberglass paint and sandpaper.

  8. #8
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,574
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by derekshep View Post
    ... then need the 350 motor...
    Quote Originally Posted by derekshep View Post
    i got a 95 ranger rebel jet boat. ... here are the specs.

    95 rebel 1100lbs 120hp 16'x7'1/2"
    ...
    This boat originally had a 350 cubic inch V8 and only 120HP?

  9. #9
    derekshep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    austin, ky
    Posts
    159
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by derekshep View Post
    ... then need the 350 motor...
    Quote Originally Posted by derekshep View Post
    i got a 95 ranger rebel jet boat. ... here are the specs.

    95 rebel 1100lbs 120hp 16'x7'1/2"
    ...
    This boat originally had a 350 cubic inch V8 and only 120HP?
    no the stock motor when it came out was a 120 hp with stock jet drive. guy replaced the stock motor and jet drive with a 320hp 350 and a berkeley 12je jet drive. took it out and broke 80mph, got scared and went home and took it apart.

  10. #10
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,574
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by derekshep View Post
    ... i have everything to do the twin 750's. just need to rebuild the top end on one. that $200. another $200 in fiberglass, paint and sandpaper.
    Gonna take a bunch of hours to build a pair of intake tunnels and jet pump bases into the hull, keeping everything straight and aligned to the hull centerline.

    Then design, install and trouble shoot a dual engine installation. Dual electrical, dual fuel systems, synchronized throttle, etc.

    Perhaps use the time to instead repair and sell some regular watercraft, and use the earnings to buy a more complete jet boat hull?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Will this work with Fuel Lines (GPR)??
    By LS2000 Cop in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 09:09 PM
  2. will this work ???!?!!??
    By BMW550I in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 09:35 AM
  3. will this work on my ski???!!!!!! bid ends soon
    By ugadawg131 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 10:37 AM
  4. yo will this work...need one bad
    By mudd in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 09:47 AM
  5. Will this work? Sound Mat
    By mrbtd in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 12:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •