+1

motec and oil pressure switch

I have a motec for my FZR and am having some options pinned out on it right now. i need to talk to the guy again, but i think we will be dissconnecting the stock oil pressure switch to free up another input on the motec. i need to know if power is still supplied to the sensor and just does not read an input because the input has been used by another option.
    I would still like to have my oil pressure switch for safety so i thought i would just hook up the oem sensor between pwr and a blinking led , so when switch is tripped a light blinks on the dash.

the next problem is that the oil psi switch is a single contact type which uses the block as ground, which totally screws up my circuit plan. i either need to find an adjustable (or same range) duel contact that is accurate or find a way to around the problem.
    Thanks, Barrett

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by born riding View Post
    I have a motec for my FZR and am having some options pinned out on it right now. i need to talk to the guy again, but i think we will be dissconnecting the stock oil pressure switch to free up another input on the motec. i need to know if power is still supplied to the sensor and just does not read an input because the input has been used by another option.
    I would still like to have my oil pressure switch for safety so i thought i would just hook up the oem sensor between pwr and a blinking led , so when switch is tripped a light blinks on the dash.

the next problem is that the oil psi switch is a single contact type which uses the block as ground, which totally screws up my circuit plan. i either need to find an adjustable (or same range) duel contact that is accurate or find a way to around the problem.
    Thanks, Barrett
    Hi Barrett. The oil pressure switch in connected to AT4 on the Motec ECU. The problem you are going to have is ECU is going to tell the Dash that you don't have oil pressure. The Dash will give you Oil pressure warnings.

3. +1 by:

Are the oil warnings always given by Dash?
    http://www.jenniferbuyshouses.com
    Last edited by AndreSoly; 10-21-2013 at 12:19 AM.

+1
    Any suggestions?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by born riding View Post
    Any suggestions?
    I think I would like to talk to your wiring guy and see what it is you are trying to acheive. We may be able to find you another spare input without having to use the Oil Pressure one.
    Problems would all be solved then, Yes ?

Regards

Pete

Thread Information