New To Board - First Ride Yesterday

First, thanks to the board for the tip on checking the exhaust clamps - fortunately mine were tight.

First ride: I did not try any top speed runs until 2.5 hours. With the buzzer about to go off (seconds after my run) I hit 65.8 with my 205 lb. weight and 62 F air temp - that seems good to me. I have not yet cleaned the ride plate area of the silicone.

I did have serious cavitation from any speed below about 20 mph - even when bending my upper body over the bars. The ski's nose stayed down but the cavitation was severe - worse from a stop.

I am quite experienced racing and working on skis so I am fully capable of cleaning the rubber seal mentioned elsewhere in this forum but would prefer to let them fix the problem to avoid finger pointing if it turns out to be something else. Any idea if dealers generally are aware of how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

+1
    Hey Dave WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums.
    Congrats on your new ride. Trivial, but what color did you purchase??
    I talked with my dealer and they don't even have an Ultra yet.

Welcome Dave

Im not sure about your dealer but mine here in Fl is awsome. Can have your service department call down here and get the steps.
    If you try and tell em how to do it youll probably gets smiles and head nods then when you turn around out comes the bird.

Thanks Skip - I will let you know if they seem unsure of themselves.

ph2ocraft - it is blue/silver. For anyone interested there was a red one available at D&S Kawasaki in Arlington Texas last week.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    First, thanks to the board for the tip on checking the exhaust clamps - fortunately mine were tight.

First ride: I did not try any top speed runs until 2.5 hours. With the buzzer about to go off (seconds after my run) I hit 65.8 with my 205 lb. weight and 62 F air temp - that seems good to me. I have not yet cleaned the ride plate area of the silicone.

I did have serious cavitation from any speed below about 20 mph - even when bending my upper body over the bars. The ski's nose stayed down but the cavitation was severe - worse from a stop.

I am quite experienced racing and working on skis so I am fully capable of cleaning the rubber seal mentioned elsewhere in this forum but would prefer to let them fix the problem to avoid finger pointing if it turns out to be something else. Any idea if dealers generally are aware of how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ski. I would love to get your feedback when/if you get the cavitation issue resolved. It will be helpful information to others on the board.

Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    For anyone interested there was a red one available at D&S Kawasaki last week.
    Hey DaveF,

I bought (in 1996) a Kawasaki 1100ZXI from D&S Cycle in Arlington Texas. I was living in Plano at the time.

Scott

Lucky Buggers

My Ultra is sitting at the dealership the -20 degree weather puts a damper on the riding. I Wanted the red but our dealership only got in 3 and someone had already bought the one red and the other blue. I won't be able to put the beauty in the lake till the end of May. I guess the good point is that the awesome members on this site will have sacrificed many hours and tons of loot on the R&D. Much appreciated from the Great White North.
    Last edited by Tractorak; 02-27-2007 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Added content.

+1
    Welcome Tractor.

I saw the Blue/silver one on Saturday for the first time ON THE WATER. It looks much better on the water. I think when it gets wet, it seems to take on a deeper color.

pump stuffers.....from R&D

i looked on the r&d web sight and there ready.....perhaps thay might solve your dalema.

Hi Dave, how far did you ride in the 2.5 hour period?

Thread Information