Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Grand River launches?

Looking forward to some decent weather finally in the GTA so I was gonna try to get out on the water with some friends, but Lake Ontario is still too cold. I've heard good things about the Grand River. Anyone know of good places to launch? I've never been there before and I've heard theres a few areas that can not be crossed.. Any help would be appreciated, and any joiners! Just look for a couple of fat guys in a GTR and a red/black RXP... maybe an RXP-X may join as well if we get him to pull his skirt up and come out

I've been there twice last year. I put in in Dunville just above the dam at the free launch. From there you can go as far as you have gas. If you want to ride out to Lake Erie then you need to launch at the marina just below the dam in Dunville. The free launch and the Marian launch are less then 0.5 kms apart. The river is fun becasue its like a winding race track but the water is as brown as mud.

+1
    I want to try it out mainly since it's a new place and I'm liking the sounds of the twisty river too!

I appreciate the info! Will shoot u a message next time we head up that way..

Holy crap that looks amazing! 4life wanna be a tour guide in a few weekends time?

Maybe if the weather warms up. I wouldnt be much of a guide though, I just launch shoot up the river until I am at approx half tank then turn around. I did stop a few times at random places to eat (packed my own food) and check stuff out.

+1
    Weather is looking promising this Friday.. I'm sure most ppl are probably at work but if anyone is around I'm planning on launching in dunville and and heading up the river. Wouldn't mind checking it out for the first time

Hey Boogzilla, let us know how it was. I had to work all day plus my more fun to ride PWC is the older XP Limited and I get soaked on that think so water probably still too cold.

I do have a GTI 130 as well that I can stay perfectly dry on so I dont mind taking that out but its a big heavy, mostly boring to ride ski. Its good for just touring but im more into jumping the biggest waves I can find.

I will probably launch in Grimsby tomorrow jsut to make sure they are both running ok for the season.

+1
    Water was actually really good temp, I didn't even need the wet suit.

As far as the River goes, I'm not a huge fan... The water was muddy looking as you said, had to wash the ski after and there was too much debris to avoid. I think I'll be sticking to the lakes

4life would you be up for a lower Niagara river ride some saturday? Would like to get a ride together.. looks like its in your area. Boogzilla you up for that too? Its clean DEEP water, I hear its an awesome ride never been though.

+1
    I'd love to go but I'll be out of commission for a bit due to some mechanical issues

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information