Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Ibadtons (Chad) Athena install

So we installed Chad's Athena tonight on his 13 RXPX. After downloading the map and firmware twice we were finally able to get through the entire process. We picked the stock map since he has really no mods till this point. We also removed his intake yanked the flame arrestor. (fun fun!)

The ski is a bit hard to start but seems to idle fine once it does. It also seems to crank better after it has been recently started.

He is going to ride it soon so we can figure out what changes need to be made if any.

I Do have a question though. We picked the stock base map from this page. It came bundled with the new firmware file so Im assuming that the download to ECU process updates the firmware as well??

http://www.rivaecu.com/maps/sd/basemapSDdcOE.shtml
    Last edited by Ocman; 05-15-2013 at 11:57 PM.

+1
    A few pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1368679124285.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	301223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1368679111426.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	301222  

+1
    Oh, SO Chad you had this first gen Athena in the closet hua? The starting issue is the same for mine, but I thought the new firmware took care of this issue. Isn't figuring out how to work the Athena fun? LOL.
    Hey go ahead and buy the Riva FPR as you really want to have a set (know) fuel pressure. My ski ran 13.8-13.9 AFR when stock , so they are lean. Then after Stage II map I believe it was running 11.7's. Also if you want send me your addy I will send you a piece of that rear air I made for my ski if you dont have any lying around.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Oh, SO Chad you had this first gen Athena in the closet hua? The starting issue is the same for mine, but I thought the new firmware took care of this issue. Isn't figuring out how to work the Athena fun? LOL.
    Hey go ahead and buy the Riva FPR as you really want to have a set (know) fuel pressure. My ski ran 13.8-13.9 AFR when stock , so they are lean. Then after Stage II map I believe it was running 11.7's. Also if you want send me your addy I will send you a piece of that rear air I made for my ski if you dont have any lying around.
    I was working the Athena. It took a few times to get the download to take. I picked the firmware and the map so I had a question of what I picked yesterday was the upgraded firmware and map? Waiting on someone to verify. The Athena came from troyheb.

+1
    I was under the impression from Rob that all the new maps had the new Firware, but yes I am interested to know also. BUT I believe they changed them all.
    Yea, I new Troy would part with it as his V-tech reflash was doing well and also the conversion.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    I was under the impression from Rob that all the new maps had the new Firware, but yes I am interested to know also. BUT I believe they changed them all.
    Yea, I new Troy would part with it as his V-tech reflash was doing well and also the conversion.
    Yea, the files all had recent dates so I picked the device file and the map file, loaded them and followed the process. Chad will probably take it for a spin today but it was definitely hard to start. It also seemed to start fine after a recent start.

+1
    Yes, I believe once they warm up the map starts better. Atleast it was what I noticed on mine.

+1
    If its hard to start, when cold and "dry" it can some times be down to the prime pulse time as I know it, It is refering to the open time the injector has for the first cycle, this is normally longer as it needs to "wet" down the walls of the mani, head and back of the valve, that might go some way to explain why it starts easier after just being run, the walls would still be wet so dont require as much initial pulse to fire.

This could be wrong, Its just an obsevation from you convosation. Good luck guys the Athena looks like a nice piece.

R88

9. +1 by:

+1
    That would awesome on rear air parts have a fpr on the way and some other goodies but I don't have mani taped yet

+1
    Chad took the ski out today. The Skis top RPMS stayed at 8040 and the ski is running 70.8. He was running close to that before. The hard starting and rough idle is still present. He will get with Riva tomorrow and ask for a refined map or have them send the changes for me to make to the map he is running.

He mentioned the midrange was much improved and liked that he could crank and ride without fiddling with all the modes.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information