Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

2000 STX DI New to me

Getting ready to purchase a pair of 2000 STX DI with about 105 hours each today. One runs great, the other died last summer and would not restart. I am thinking it may be a computer. Planning on swapping the computers just to verify then swap back to keep with the injectors. Planning on sending computer to DFI if it needs it. While I wait for the computer I am wondering what items I should do to them other than fuel and oil lines.

Also, Is there a good place to purchase the diag cable other than paying the dealer $150? I don't like the idea of making the cable unless I can find the correct connector for the Jet Ski.

Keith

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Post a picture of the connector I may know where to get it.

Drain and clean the tank and verify the fuel pump works to start.

Sean

+1
    I'm ready to purposely sink my one STX DI, I couldn't imagine the headaches I'd have with two of them. I'd prolly get a buddy to ride the other one, and collide head-on with each other just to watch them sink.

+1
    Here is the connector view

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kadiag cable.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	301246

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Do you need the female side? I have one now. Post exactly what you need and I'll make one up for you. I have both sides of that connector and the terminals.

Sean

Banned User
    +1
    There is tons of DI info in the Polaris section as well. They also ran the Ficht fuel injection. They have their quirks, but once you get an understanding of them, they really aren't that bad to deal with. I have one and I like it. There are really only a few things that can go bad to cause a problem. They are not as difficult as some would have you think.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I wouldn't be so fast to swap the computer out. If there is a harness problem, you'll fry the second computer as well!

Go thru the checklist step by step..save the parts parade for later on.

+1
    I need the male side that plugs into the female connector shown. I can make the cable myself. How much for just the female connector and the terminals shipped to 75074?

First thing as someone mentioned is to see if you actually have fuel pressure. Have you tried putting some fuel down the throttle bodies and see if it will fire off? If it does, then first thing I would check is fuel pressure. I had a guy insist the pump should run the second you supply power, but from experience I can tell you that is not the case. The pump does not turn on until it sees a signal from the crank position sensor. If it turns out the pump is not working, dont spend big bucks on a kawasaki replacement. A 95 Suzuki Samurai fuel pump is viertually identical. You have to modify the rubber seat a little, but even the fuel sock is the same.

+1
    Good info Comp. I just got the diag software working with a rigged connections to the Ski. I have not yet found the connector, so I just got some pins soldered to the wire and connecting the wires to the connector. I got comm with the ECM, and it is time to call it a night.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information