engine installed no start... help

i post the key on too the post, it makes 2 short beeps that key is okay. fuel pump turns on. when i press the start button makes 2 fast beeps, and nothing happens no messages displayed i checked my solenoid when i press the start button it does NOT get 12v. if i jump them, starter spins. I checked all connections, everything plugged in.

What am i missing??

2007 RXP 215

i got it running by jumping solenoid. Does that mean its the solenoid thats bad? or

i unplugged plug on solenoid with purple and brown/yellow wire. with volt meter checked following: Key inserted, hook up positive to purple and negative to brown/yellow i get 12v approx. when i push start button nothing changes i still have power on volt meter.

update: New solenoid installed. still no start.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    hmmmmm..I'd check the fuses disconnect battery first)

you got key recognition so the issue is with the start button/solenoid wiring. connector slip out during the install..did you _miss_ the important one?

not much else to go wrong there, but jumping the solenoid is high risk behavior ..make sure the hull is plenty ventilated before you make big fat sparks near the fuel tank.

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    hmmmmm..I'd check the fuses disconnect battery first)

you got key recognition so the issue is with the start button/solenoid wiring. connector slip out during the install..did you _miss_ the important one?

not much else to go wrong there, but jumping the solenoid is high risk behavior ..make sure the hull is plenty ventilated before you make big fat sparks near the fuel tank.
    when if i let the ski sit for a few ski the fuel pump turns off. If i press start button it will turn fuel pump back on. Which important wire could i miss?

mpem is giving ground to solenoid, and it has 12v on other wire. NO error codes on display. What else can i be doing wrong?

the 2007 rxp 215 was built in mid year and it seems to have the 2008 style electronics. it does not have the large mpem box. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (11).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	301306

beeps are all fine. it beeps like the key is left inside and not started. the solenoid has power it from ecu. the start button works fine, i tested it. no check engines, or errors. you hear the fuel pump turning on when you press start button.

is there any sensor i could of connected wrong (switched plugs) that cause this, and not give me check engine?

Thread Information