+1

It's Official.....now someone show me how to ride this thing......tampa/st pete/NPR

Went all in today!

Got a couple leftovers.......2012 Ultra LX for the wife, and a 2011 Ultra 300LX for me!!!

We plan on riding in ocean and rougher water, thought these would be good. Also they seem pretty good size when we bring the kids. We also thought the scalloped seats might help the kids stay on!

Now we really gotta figure out the best places to ride....to launch.....any tips/secrets. When we boat we typically go to Egmont key, shell key....maybe fort desoto, that is due to the boat being at a marina in st pete. We will probably trailer these most of the time.

Thanks for any advice! Here's to good weather

+1
    Congrats on the bikes; I'm not exactly sure where you're located but you can peruse this page for some ideas about where to ride in FL: http://pwctrailfinder.com/FloridaPWCTrailRides.html
    Lots of info there, so give the page a minute or two to load up. Let me know if you have any questions as regards the site.

Have a great riding season,

+1
    if the kids are young, you might want to put them infront of you while riding. not sure if it is legal in your area but its really much safer since kids arent the best at holding on tight!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Congrats on the bikes; I'm not exactly sure where you're located but you can peruse this page for some ideas about where to ride in FL: http://pwctrailfinder.com/FloridaPWCTrailRides.html
    Lots of info there, so give the page a minute or two to load up. Let me know if you have any questions as regards the site.

Have a great riding season,
    Hey, thanks.....nice site, lots of cool info!

+1
    A good area to launch and ride from is Dunedin causeway. It is a beach launch but if you prefer a ramp you can launch at the Seminole Boat ramp (Private with fee) or Belleair causeway (fee also). From these locations you can ride north to the north end of Caladesi, Honeymoon, 3 rooker island or even Anclote Key the north Sand bar off Anclote. We have ridden all the way up to Weekie Wachee from the causeway and will probably be doing this ride soon. The LX will make it there and back on a tank but you will need gas for the 300 as it is 100 miles round trip. You can check out the club website for ideas or even when we will be on the water and come out and meet us.

I just saw you are from the Brooksville area, the river up there are fun to ride also. We will usually ride up at Crystal river some time during the year. You just missed the big Jetski Bash in St Pete with a charity poker run. We are planning another big event in August at the Marriott Sand Key.

+1
    Hello and welcome to the Hulk! It must be nice to have the greenback$ to get 2 new super skis Ha Ha ....Goodluck and be safe

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mirror View Post
    A good area to launch and ride from is Dunedin causeway. It is a beach launch but if you prefer a ramp you can launch at the Seminole Boat ramp (Private with fee) or Belleair causeway (fee also). From these locations you can ride north to the north end of Caladesi, Honeymoon, 3 rooker island or even Anclote Key the north Sand bar off Anclote. We have ridden all the way up to Weekie Wachee from the causeway and will probably be doing this ride soon. The LX will make it there and back on a tank but you will need gas for the 300 as it is 100 miles round trip. You can check out the club website for ideas or even when we will be on the water and come out and meet us.

I just saw you are from the Brooksville area, the river up there are fun to ride also. We will usually ride up at Crystal river some time during the year. You just missed the big Jetski Bash in St Pete with a charity poker run. We are planning another big event in August at the Marriott Sand Key.

Awesome info!!! Thanks, sounds like just what we need! How are beach launches? Any drawback to worry about?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Hello and welcome to the Hulk! It must be nice to have the greenback$ to get 2 new super skis Ha Ha ....Goodluck and be safe
    Thanks....we are having a good time right now.....new skis definitely put a smile on one's face!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mirror View Post

Awesome info!!! Thanks, sounds like just what we need! How are beach launches? Any drawback to worry about?
    It depends on your tow vehicle, I use a Tahoe and don't have any problems there. The closer you can be to the bridge the deeper the water will be to launch. It can be very low water level if it is low tide

10. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks Mirror...

We launched from Seminole today. Got there late, 12:30, didn't want to chance no parking on the causeway! We did drive by to check it out. Gonna hit it during the week to give it a trial launch, less crowded also!

Water was awesome on caladesi....clear. Wife loved it! Not to choppy for us beginners!

Thread Information