+1

Bogging WOT from Idle Raider 760

Hey guys, original owner of a Waveraider 760 since 1996. Had the engine replaced 2 years ago with maybe 15 hours on it now. Has aftermarket intake grate, flame arrestors, reed valves and extended nozzle. I can't properly diagnosis the reason behind bogging straight out of idle at WOT. It will choke itself out as though either there's too much gas or air opening up. Tried new plugs, checked fuel lines and filter, brought it into Riva and they can't figure it out. I'm out of options. Top speed is there but right out of the hole unless I ease into the RPMs the bog is pretty bad. I've heard problems could be pop off pressure with the arrestors? Any thoughts. Other then that she runs great. Just would like to get the bog out of the way. Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by calicoss View Post
    I've heard problems could be pop off pressure with the arrestors? Any thoughts.
    This is my thought as well. Now you need to figure out if bog transition is lean or loaded up rich with gas. Most likely its lean with the arrestors so you'll need to lower the pop-off pressure.
    Partially disassemble the carbs for a pop-off test. Test to see what the current pop-off is the shoot for a lower pop-off psi. So if its 40 psi now...maybe shoot for 30 psi and see if it helps. Fine tune from there.

calicoss - did you ever get this straightened out? I'm having the same problem with both a GP760 and a GP1200 motor. Planning to check pop-off pressure this weekend.

+1
    Original springs are gold 115 gr.......change to 95 gram, open low screw just a little, should get you in the ballpark.

+1
    @mpsole07 - Yeah, I did get the bogging resolved. Had been busy rebuilding my 1968 GTO so I just couldn't give the Raider proper time to figure it out on my own. I ran it down to Riva last year and all they did was play around with the carb screws. Whatever they did they cured a problem that had been around for quite some time. Put on around 20 hours of play time on the Raider last year and she ran the best I can remember. Sorry I couldn't give you a concrete solution but I can say that I didn't (or Riva that I can tell) did anything with pop-off pressure. Basically, it was just some adjustments made to the screws.

+1
    Which means they turned the lows out some I'm sure.

Thread Information