Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

First Yamaha FX SHO 2011 Build -- Need Recommendations PLEASE!!!

Hey guys so I currently own a Yamaha FX SHO 2011 model with about 50 hrs on it. As summer is coming up I'm planning to beef it up a little bit but pretty clueless as to where to start.

The Stage 1 kit by Riva Racing is what caught my eye but after some consultation I've been told that half of the stuff in it does very minimal and is not as recommended as other things would be, is this true? If so what would be some of my first performance update I can purchase keeping the budget of around $1500 as a start..

Thanks in advance.. Any input is appreciated!!

I'm also from Australia so if anybody knows where is a good place to purchase parts please let me know.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris89 View Post
    Hey guys so I currently own a Yamaha FX SHO 2011 model with about 50 hrs on it. As summer is coming up I'm planning to beef it up a little bit but pretty clueless as to where to start.

The Stage 1 kit by Riva Racing is what caught my eye but after some consultation I've been told that half of the stuff in it does very minimal and is not as recommended as other things would be, is this true? If so what would be some of my first performance update I can purchase keeping the budget of around $1500 as a start..

Thanks in advance.. Any input is appreciated!!

I'm also from Australia so if anybody knows where is a good place to purchase parts please let me know.
    I would remove the intake ribbon and install the intake sleeve, performance power filter, tommy jordan exhaust mod or if you do not mind the noise a free flow., cut the flaps that are at the tip of the exhaust by the pump, get your stock impeller repitched, intake grate and pump seal kit and get the stock ride plate modded. that will get you in the low 70 mph. range and it will be just over a grand in cost if you go with the free flow and under a grand if you do not go with the free flow, and go with the tommy jordan mod.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Jim is absolutely correct. I run on GPS consistently 71-72 MPH with my ski and I have basicly the mods Jim just described above.

if your on a budget you could build the intake exhaust yourself then mail your prop and plate to jim and have him set you up.those things will put you dead at 70mph in flat water.

Hey guys thanks so much for the respone.. Im fairly new to all this building stuff so I dont think I will attempt to build any of the things on my own. Also thanks for the input Jim but where would you recommend I search for the parts that you listed? Perhaps a website with product codes like on RivaRacing?

And lastly, so do you definitely recommend not to bother with the Riva Stage 1 Kit? http://www.rivayamaha.com/pwc_pkgs/ry_rpm_fxsho_1.asp

Thanks again (still learning and trying to understand)

Also please keep in mind guys that Im in Australia so parts arent that easy to find like the Tommy Jordan mods Jim mentioned cant seem any anywhere..

Some links would be appreciated Thanks!

+1
    Don't waste your money on the stage 1 kit. The mods that Jim told you will get you the same performance for a lot less money. The Tommy Jordan exhaust mod will get you the same gains at a stage one level as a free flow would, but the tommy jordan mod is free. Here's a link to some mods and how-to's:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88225
    And here's a link to the Green Hulk store for parts. Use discount code GREENHULK at check out to save 10% on Riva and R&D parts:
    http://pwcperformance.com/

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris89 View Post
    Also please keep in mind guys that Im in Australia so parts arent that easy to find like the Tommy Jordan mods Jim mentioned cant seem any anywhere..

Some links would be appreciated Thanks!
    You might want to look at Watson racing. They are a big Australian dealer of aftermarket parts. Also, companies like Riva will ship worldwide.

+1
    Kris, the Tommy Jordan mod is a do-it-yourself mod...no parts needed, and all you need is a screwdriver and razor knife if you keep the resonator chamber. If you delete the resonator chamber, you'll need a couple other things that are available at most hardware stores.

And how would the difference compare doing that as oppose to a free flow exhaust kit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information