Girls just wanna have fun! awarrick's Avatar
    +1

Vp, Tuff Jugs and related

We typically go for long rides where there are no marinas and a lot of times we're running on fumes by the time we return. I ordered a couple 2.5 gallon Tuff Jugs. They're small enough to store in our front compartments and it's added insurance we won't get stranded. We've not used these style of fuel jugs before but I know I've heard of racing folks using them. When I got them, there was a label on it saying they weren't for transporting gas. Oh but racing fuel, paint thinner, antifreeze, transmission fluid and the like are ok? They have vents like a gas can and I don't understand all this mumbo jumbo. Is it an EPA thing? a California thing? I'm tempted to use them anyway. Who's going to know? Any thoughts??
    thanks!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by awarrick View Post
    We typically go for long rides where there are no marinas and a lot of times we're running on fumes by the time we return. I ordered a couple 2.5 gallon Tuff Jugs. They're small enough to store in our front compartments and it's added insurance we won't get stranded. We've not used these style of fuel jugs before but I know I've heard of racing folks using them. When I got them, there was a label on it saying they weren't for transporting gas. Oh but racing fuel, paint thinner, antifreeze, transmission fluid and the like are ok? They have vents like a gas can and I don't understand all this mumbo jumbo. Is it an EPA thing? a California thing? I'm tempted to use them anyway. Who's going to know? Any thoughts??
    thanks!!
    Yeah it's not "legal" to transport fuel in them, label is a limitation of liability. It's purely an environmental wacko CARB/EPA thing, you should have no problem actually transporting fuel in them.

Girls just wanna have fun! awarrick's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks for clearing that up. That's what I suspected. I feel a little better now.

Thread Information