Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Choices too make...help

So looking at a 2012 RXP-X and 2010 Yamaha FZS. Both have about 23 hours on them, trailer, cover, etc. Both warranties are just about up. Don't really plan on doing much modding. If I do it will be fairly basic. I'm mechanically incline so chances are I'll do most of my own work.

RXP...12K
    FZS 8.6K

Both sellers are quite firm on the pricing.

I live on a lake so it will get used quite often. My main lake(1800 acres) is fairly calm to small chop most of the time. The other lake I connect into is big (35 miles long by a good 8 miles wide) and can be quite choppy most days. Not uncommon to have 2-3 ft waves.

I feel both are priced fairly for my area or any distance with in reason.

So what are some pro's or con's going one way or the other and what would you buy??

P.S.: Really like this site. Learned more then I'd ever thought I would. Thanks for the great site.

+1
    Stock for stock I'd probably go with the P-X but if we get in to all around factors I wouldn't really consider it much of a debate. I'll take the SHO engine every day and not think twice about it.

+1
    Depends what you want to spend I guess. Stock to stock I still prefer the FZ but if it's a toss up to you, you could easily destroy that stock PX for much less money by spending just a little of the price difference to upgrade the FZ.

+1
    Any warranty on either ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by leejax01 View Post
    Any warranty on either ski?
    Both are basically just about up.

Does Sea Doo or Yamaha allow you to purchase one of there warranties if it currently is still under warranty??

I live in the upper Midwest so my riding seasons are pretty short. About 5 months most years. I take pretty good care of my stuff and service a lot of my toys myself. So unless its built like crap/faulty engineering from the get go I usually don't run into many problems with my toys.

+1
    I know Yamaha will let you purchase an extended warranty if your current warranty is almost up. I spoke with a Yamaha rep on the phone about it a few years ago.

+1
    buy the Yamaha and spend the x-tra money saved on gas....both ski's are top of the line....I have ridden both....great ski's....or just buy them both ! lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    I know Yamaha will let you purchase an extended warranty if your current warranty is almost up. I spoke with a Yamaha rep on the phone about it a few years ago.
    I actually got a couple letters in the mail with them offering the option of purchasing an extended warranty shortly before my warranty was up.

+1
    In Florida, the last time I checked you could only get 3 yr extended warranty on Sea-Doo, whereas the Yamaha offers a 4 yr warranty for total of 5 years. The warranty is a key issue on these high performance skis, because after the one year is up you can no longer get the OEM extended warranty, and if you drop a valve on Sea-Doo 4 stroke you can end up with about $7,000 in parts and certified repairs; ask me how I know.

even if they were both the same price id pick the yami.if you think im bieng biased go into any shop and count the broken skis.here in miami every one ive visited were 70% broke seadoos.get the fzs change the grate and upgrade to the newer style supercharger clutch and never worry about it again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information