Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

why didnt i see any gains?

so i took my ski out for a run today after the 4 inch intake with velocity stack, the free flow install, AND filling the ride plate holes... and i saw EXACTLY the same speed... 67.9... on nearly the same exact water as before my install.. was i supposed to gain anything other then confusion??

+1
    What RPM,s

+1
    do u plan on installing a new intake grate? free flow exhaust mod will not increase your speed and filling the ride plate holes is good for maybe .5 mph. The air intake will allow the engine to breath better, but it you still have the stock grate on then nothing you do to the ski will make a difference since the water intake flow is being restricted. Slap on a riva or r&d grate and pitch the prop accordingly. With a 4", riva grate, wedge/rod, and untouched 14/19 prop i was seeing 69-71mph, but that was on a rxp not a gtx.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    What RPM,s
    i didnt have a chance to really take a look.. i saw it around the 8050 range but i was kinda focused on going straight.. speaking of that is there a better way to check rpms? or even like a max rpm setting on the ski its self??

Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    do u plan on installing a new intake grate? free flow exhaust mod will not increase your speed and filling the ride plate holes is good for maybe .5 mph. The air intake will allow the engine to breath better, but it you still have the stock grate on then nothing you do to the ski will make a difference since the water intake flow is being restricted. Slap on a riva or r&d grate and pitch the prop accordingly. With a 4", riva grate, wedge/rod, and untouched 14/19 prop i was seeing 69-71mph, but that was on a rxp not a gtx.
    i forgot to mention i had a riva grate on for both before install and after install runs.. im running the stock impeller.. would love to shoot up to a 14/19r prop just dont have the funds right now...

+1
    This is a GTX correct? If your on the rev limit you need a bigger prop or you will never see any speed gains.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    This is a GTX correct? If your on the rev limit you need a bigger prop or you will never see any speed gains.
    well that is absolutely terrible news haha... is it that hard to swap out a prop?? ive never done it before

+1
    It is not to bad there probally a thread somewhere you do need a impeller tool and a large allen wrench.

+1
    As the waters get warmer the ski is naturally going to get slower.

+1
    Changing out the prop is really not that difficult .... if its the 1st change-out it may prove to seem "stuck" hard to get off. Do not be afraid to actually stand on the wrench while the shaft-lock tool is soundly in your vise! There are several threads on this very subject. Some suggest heating up the prop @ the shaft. I litterly had to climb up on my work bench and put some of my 200lbs on the wrench. Just make sure you are going/turning the removal in the Correct direction !!! On my Yami it was counter-clockwise. Good luck

+1
    its easy, just have to pull the rear pump housing. Hardest part is getting the drive shaft to line back up as it wants to droop a tad. It also gives you a good reason to change the wear ring, which if you have a 06 and its never been done before needs to be, and to inspect and change the pump grease.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information