Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

left my drain plug out and got water in my 94 spx

I didnt take it off the trailer, it didnt sink or anything but the water got up to the battery terminals and i had ran the ski a few minutes before i decided to pop the seat off. Now it runs like its in some sort of "limp" mode. It will run great for about 5 minutes then it will just fall on its face. Only runs to about 3000-4000 rpm or so (im guessing, i have no tach) not enough for it to plane out. Its definently running very rich and being limited by the ignition. If i let it idle for a few seconds then go wot it will take off like hell for about 3 seconds then fall on its face again. I noticed after running hard like that for about 15 mins the front cylinder was considerably warmer than the rear cylinder. Not sure if that helps, point me in the right direction guys! Thanks!

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Open up the long gray box up by the fuel tank i think, its your electronics,, open it up and blow it out dry and spray some lube after that to coat it all. goodluck and DONT wait to do this

Ill give that a shot. I dont think the water got all the way up there but im not sure i was in a hurry to get it out of the water. Thanks!

+1
    This may sound strange to you if you do not use a Check-Off list @ every launching ... maybe make & use a red ribbon or streamer attached to back of ski. Like aircraft do! Sound silly untl you are the one who forgets to put plugs back in. Good Luck:

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    if you had water up to the battery terminals, without a doubt, unless you are really lucky and have perfect gasket placement, the front ebox has water in it..and that is typically fatal to the mpem as even though they are potted..older ones tend to allow water to infiltrate after extended submersion.

open it right away, dry it out ( hairdryer works) spray wd-40 make sure the gasket is perfectly placed and accepted ( little silicon spray goes a long way here)

and then a quick prayer to Poseidon that water didn't end up where it didn't belong

+1
    Have you already gone through the fuel system and changed out the grey tubing? Sounds like a fuel delivery issue to me. But, if the starter was not sealed up to the case good you could have water in the front cover shorting the stator. You need to check that along with the e-box as stated earlier.

I pulled the ebox apart today. No signs of water anywhere it literally looks brand new inside. Ran a compression test got 150psi on the front cylinder and 135psi on the rear. I am going to have a look at the stator to see if it has water damage next

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    does that mpem have two plug I relays on it?

if so, switch them.

the jugs are just ok..with some trouble on the way.

I dont remember for sure but i think the only thing i saw on mpem was two fuses No relays...

+1
    What about those fuel lines?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information