Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

05 rxt supercharge problems

ive been trying to read up on the supercharge problems that i have been having...had my jetski out today and it wouldnt top 50 mph. took the hose off the supercharger and i could spin the impeller by hand..not good right..i didnt get a chance to pull it out yet but would i be ok just replacing the washers if they are still on there. btw it only has 55 hrs on it.. is there a site that i can use to follow for putting the new washers on.. is there anyway to flush the engine without pulling it or anything else i can do to prevent any further damage to the engine. this is the first time it happened lastyear when i put it away it worked great..dont really have 300 for a full rebuild but dont really want to cut corners either so any advice would be great. i am a diy kind of person so i am handy

+1
    Definitely need to pull the charger out of the boat and get a better look at whats goin on in there.

+1
    It's a $2k job to properly fix what's happened.

It's $300 if you change the washers before they grenade..

Once they have grenaded the motor is history if its not properly cleaned and inspected.

Sorry about your luck..

+1
    Also depends on how long you ride it with ceramic bits eating away at the core of your motor.
    If its fixed immediately then its @ $2000
    If you wait its $4k + for a motor.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie02 View Post
    ive been trying to read up on the supercharge problems that i have been having...had my jetski out today and it wouldnt top 50 mph. took the hose off the supercharger and i could spin the impeller by hand..not good right..i didnt get a chance to pull it out yet but would i be ok just replacing the washers if they are still on there. btw it only has 55 hrs on it.. is there a site that i can use to follow for putting the new washers on.. is there anyway to flush the engine without pulling it or anything else i can do to prevent any further damage to the engine. this is the first time it happened lastyear when i put it away it worked great..dont really have 300 for a full rebuild but dont really want to cut corners either so any advice would be great. i am a diy kind of person so i am handy
    ok, here we go, imo (and most others) Get ready because you MUST pull the engine-you must REBUILD the charger- IMO a SC'd ski is not for everyone because of the complexity of the 4 tec motors. You won't have a reliable ski cutting ANY corners on repairs for your ski or it will become the biggest nightmare of your life, ASK ME HOW I KNOW. Honestly......If you cant afford a $300 rebuild kit for your charger , then you need to sell it. This repair as it stands now with a SC kit and the motor gaskets you'll need to clean out the failed washers is approx $500 to $600 for parts alone. all of this is just my opinion
    goodluck

+1
    If you want to sell it pm me.

Start over with a non supercharged doo..

7. +1 by:

Name:  sc 2.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  12.4 KB
    here is a pic of my sc and what i found..the one washer ..the only ceramic washer on there was still intact..there is no room on the shaft for another washer absolutely no play
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by robbie02; 05-19-2013 at 06:46 PM.

+1
    If you found only 1 washer, that's because you lost the other one.
    Your 05 rxt 215 has 2 clutch washers and you can't see any loose because the spring washers took the slack. Looking at the picture you lost the one between the gear and the housing itself.
    Time to pull the engine out... good luck.

+1
    Robbie... face the facts your motor is in bad shape
    if you run it like it is ...it will do more damage
    it is still early in the season so you may still get to ride it
    you don't have many options, if you live in California seadoo will pay you money for it

+1
    Unless you haven't ridden it much. As my case... I was lucky to find three big pieces of the failed washer and could re-puzzle it with no bits missing. Didn't need to take out the engine.. 120 hours of riding since then...but this is a rare case. I was lucky enough to not run the ski more than a few seconds after the sc faliure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information