Ignition Update for Polaris 1997 SLTX 1050

Hello all. I am brand new to this site and I'm hoping I can get some help with this ignition update. Our local ski mechanic washed his hands of trying to find the parts we need to do the update so I'm trying to order them for my Dad. We are going to work on it ourselves (great father/daughter bonding time!!). The problem I have is this: on the websites I'm looking at to get the parts, it is not exactly clear on what I'm ordering. I THINK what I need is #2873091 update kit. On the websites it is unclear to me if this number is referring to the whole kit or just the stator. Could somebody enlighten me please? And if you know of a good place to get this kit please let me know. We have 5 skis (1 Polaris, 2 Yamaha Waverunners, 2 Seadoos) and I would like to find a good place to get parts as we need them.

Also, I ran across a whole thread on instructions for doing the ignition update and now I can't find it. Could someone please post the link if they know where it is? Thanks a million guys! I can't believe how helpful this site has been already and I'm really excited to get my hands in the Polaris.

**If I'm posting this in the wrong place, I apologize! Let me know if it needs to go somewhere else.
    Last edited by LoveMySkis:); 05-19-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: addition

+1
    I think you may get better results in the Polaris forum.

+1
    That is the correct part #

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

My signature links should prove useful for much Polaris info.

There is a list of part sources via my signature links. Some Update Kits have become hard to find, but we can provide some guidance and help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMySkis:) View Post
    Hello all. I am brand new to this site and I'm hoping I can get some help with this ignition update. Our local ski mechanic washed his hands of trying to find the parts we need to do the update so I'm trying to order them for my Dad. We are going to work on it ourselves (great father/daughter bonding time!!). The problem I have is this: on the websites I'm looking at to get the parts, it is not exactly clear on what I'm ordering. I THINK what I need is #2873091 update kit. On the websites it is unclear to me if this number is referring to the whole kit or just the stator. Could somebody enlighten me please? And if you know of a good place to get this kit please let me know. We have 5 skis (1 Polaris, 2 Yamaha Waverunners, 2 Seadoos) and I would like to find a good place to get parts as we need them.

Also, I ran across a whole thread on instructions for doing the ignition update and now I can't find it. Could someone please post the link if they know where it is? Thanks a million guys! I can't believe how helpful this site has been already and I'm really excited to get my hands in the Polaris.

**If I'm posting this in the wrong place, I apologize! Let me know if it needs to go somewhere else.
    The #2873091 "kit" will come with the stator and CDI. The 4010447 CDI version is the new style CDI, check your CDI in the electrical box to see if that # is written on it with yellow paint. If the mechanic isn't familiar with Polaris-he might not have checked.

good sources for parts are ; http://www.polarispartshouse.com/
    and ; http://www.partspitstop.com/p/OEM-Mo...owmobile-Parts

It might be a good idea to call them to see if the parts are available-some Polaris parts were being discontinued.
    Where in Illinois are you ?

Thanks for info guys. I'm in southern Illinois. Does anyone know where the install instructions are?

It comes with the installation instructions. I bought my kit from polarispartsmonster dot com for just north of 3 bills, fyi.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMySkis:) View Post
    Thanks for info guys. I'm in southern Illinois. Does anyone know where the install instructions are?
    I think you are talking about the article in "tech tips and info" in a thread titled " electrical domestic".
    It also has diagnostic info,if you are questioning how accurate the mechanic was.

There is a company near you called "world of power sports" that might be helpful.

Thread Information