Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking at 2006 GTX SC, need advice...

Hey everyone. Im looking at my first seadoo and found a 2006 GTX supercharged one that has been upgraded to 215hp. Owner says it has a rxt supercharger, riva propeller, and intercooler. Does that make it 215hp or is there anything else he needs to of added like a new ecu or fuel pump?

Also is there anything different internally with the engines that would cause premature failure of the engine because he added different parts to his motor?

Thank guys.

+1
    If you don't know much about skis, I'd stay away from anything like that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKiller99 View Post
    Hey everyone. Im looking at my first seadoo and found a 2006 GTX supercharged one that has been upgraded to 215hp. Owner says it has a rxt supercharger, riva propeller, and intercooler. Does that make it 215hp or is there anything else he needs to of added like a new ecu or fuel pump?

Also is there anything different internally with the engines that would cause premature failure of the engine because he added different parts to his motor?

Thank guys.
    wait.. im not following.. i think we need more information to properly answer your questions..

was it origionally a 185 with upgrades.... or a 215 with upgrades?? when you say riva propeller... do you mean an upgraded impeller.. or possibly something different? im not too familiar with a riva propeller.. or a riva impeller for that matter, i dont think riva makes impellers..

earlier 06 models had weak valves and they could fail. but regardless are you asking will the motor be fine with those upgrades?

I have a jetboat with twin yamaha 1200s but waverunners are new to me. Here is a link to the add if you can take a look at it. I am going to meet him tomorrow to test it on the water, but basically I am wondering if the motor will be fine with those upgrades and if there is a difference between the 185hp model (which this is) and the 215 hp model which he upgrade to.

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182

Since i guess i cant post the link here is the info on the ski:

2006 sea doo gtx supercharged,has 126 hours in cluster but really has 59 hours the previous cluster started acting funny so we replaced it with that one same year just has 126 hours,all the mantainace has been done runs like new,it has a few aftermarket upgrades made by the RIVA,like riva propeller,intercooler,has a rxt superchager the ski has averything a rxp or rxt has etc im including the trailer and everything, all you need is put gas and you are good to go for the summer

Basically I am going to take it on the water to test it tomorrow but bottom line is what is the difference between a 185hp motor and the 215hp motor? And will these upgrades damage the engine in the future.

Thank You

+1
    The ECU, Innercooler and the SC drive speed are different from the 185 and the 215.

+1
    Oh and the 185 has cast pistons and the 215 are forged.

So should I be worried if I do pick this one up or should I just find another one? I would hate to shell out the money just to blow something up. I asked if the supercharger has been upgraded to the metal washers and he said yes.

+1
    Was the flywheel changed to a 215? What kind of price are you looking at?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKiller99 View Post
    Since i guess i cant post the link here is the info on the ski:

2006 sea doo gtx supercharged,has 126 hours in cluster but really has 59 hours the previous cluster started acting funny so we replaced it with that one same year just has 126 hours,all the mantainace has been done runs like new,it has a few aftermarket upgrades made by the RIVA,like riva propeller,intercooler,has a rxt superchager the ski has averything a rxp or rxt has etc im including the trailer and everything, all you need is put gas and you are good to go for the summer

Basically I am going to take it on the water to test it tomorrow but bottom line is what is the difference between a 185hp motor and the 215hp motor? And will these upgrades damage the engine in the future.

Thank You
    it honestly sounds a little fishy to me.. almost like the guy has no clue whats inside the ski. i wouldnt trust this guy or the machine.

and the motor should not be damaged in the future, if the upgrades were done properly. the only thing really thats done to the motor is the supercharger.. but i would assume if the bigger super charger is on he would have had to upgrade the injectors as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information