Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

07 rxp *sank* please help!

Hi everyone, well my ski took in water and sank. I still dont know why, maybe carbon seal I dont know. Anyway, here are the problems I am having: No cluster illumination (shows nothing). Also it cranks but will not start. It has milky oil due to water, I checked all fuses and they are fine. The dess is working due to beeping when I connect the key. (no irregular beeps). I'm wondering if its the ecu, due to the fact i have NO spark. I removed plugs and cranked and ofcourse water came out when I cranked it. (main problems, NO spark and NO cluster. Thanks guys... (I purchased the ski last summer from Goatnrxp, great guy and the ski was perfect until this...)

+1
    I have a friends ski here and can i use his ecu to test? Can we swap out our ecu's just like that? Or is there more to it...

+1
    Check your fuses.
    Pull and clean the contacts.
    If you sank in salt water get some anti corrosion spray and use it at electric contact points.

Swap ecu to check it
    If you can't get her running then you need to find a way to get the moisture out of the hull.
    If you can get her running then run it for 20-30 min after oil and filter change to dry it out.

+1
    Been there and done that plenty of times ...

Need to get the oil out and , may take 2-3 oil changes ...

Get water out of the intake and mani ...

Start it and warm it up slowly and ride it for least and hour ... Need to get heat into ur oil and the water will evaporate ...

Then another oil change after that and hopefully it will be alright ... As long u haven't bent any valves etc ..

The other way is crimp ur oil cooler cooling hose an run on tap and get the oil hot , the workshop manual walks through the process ...

I have sunk 3 skis and once I done this the skis ave been fine ... As long nothing got bent ..

Banned User
    +1
    How often should the carbon seal be replaced? What are signs of a worn seal?

+1
    The ecu is plug and play as long as the same year some years interchange I thank 07 and 06 are the same.

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude596 View Post
    How often should the carbon seal be replaced? What are signs of a worn seal?
    Mine gave no signs (that I was aware of at the time) until it went during a ride. Thankfully it let go while I was riding and not while I was at a dock a few minutes earlier. Sounded like a grinding sound underneath. My bailing tubes were keeping me up as long as I was moving, but I could feel the ski get heavy with all of the extra water. Made it hard to handle too. In retrospect, my prop used to make a lot of racket when I would clear the water box after a ride, when the ski was on the trailer. That was because the driveshaft was flopping about from the carbon seal wearing in one spot, which also wasted a second driveshaft. Now it's quiet.

Mine went at 140hrs. I hear some people say 100hrs is when you want to at least inspect it. I hear some say 200 and some say that it should last forever. Well, mine didn't last forever and I have a feeling it wasn't right since day 1.

I would say that's my 2 cents, but since I'm not an expert, I can only offer a penny.

Hope this helps.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks guys! But I still don't know why it won't start I did everything you guys said but still no spark and cluster not working. I tried my buddy's ecu but won't even beep at all I even used his keys...

Spray wd40 on the harness and all connectors to help displace water. Was it salt or fresh water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 8 is enough View Post
    Spray wd40 on the harness and all connectors to help displace water. Was it salt or fresh water.
    It was salt water... I'll try the wd40 though thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information