2004 Sea-Doo XP DI - Mechanical Problem - Stumped! w/YouTube VIDEO

I have been trying to fix my 2004 Sea-Doo XP DI for a couple weeks now, however I am stumped. I have put in a brand new battery, brand new starter, brand new fuel pump, brand new spark plugs and I still can't get it to run. I have taken it to a local Sea-Doo dealer and they believed it was the fuel pump, so I replaced it and still no go. It was also compression tested and it is good. It's just about riding season and I can't figure this problem out.....anybody have a similar problem?

YouTube video of me trying to start my machine:

+1
    do we have spark? other than that going thur same at shop,took injection system off and stuck in ultrasonic tank,got better but in my case trash in tank also (customer did not what to pay for that flush?) you can get tank on amazon for 89 buck and use a mix of simple green @20% and water
    hope that helps

chip de pcb

after watching video may have crap in stator cover(rust) check for spark and pull air horns and spray some carb cleaner in air intake see if pop's off not much just a little NO STARTER SPRAY if have a timing problem and fill up waterbox with anything that burns,well it will make a hell of a noise

Download the service manual and start troubleshooting per the manual. First thing to check is fuel pressure. You should have at least 100 PSI at the rail during cranking. And you should check air pressure as well. As Chip says, check for spark as well.

you're either not getting fuel or not getting spark, might be the coils, also your starter bendix sounds like its going

I have spark -- visually tested to a ground on the engine block. It certainly feels like a fuel pump problem...hmmm

How would I check air pressure or what regulates the air pressure?
    Last edited by cantera22; 05-20-2013 at 12:45 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cantera22 View Post
    I have spark -- visually tested to a ground on the engine block. It certainly feels like a fuel pump problem...hmmm

Page 349 Section 7 Engine Management DI

download and save to pc from here http://seadoomanuals.net/manuals/200...hop-manual.php

Quote Originally Posted by SURFnTURF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cantera22 View Post

Page 349 Section 7 Engine Management DI

download and save to pc from here http://seadoomanuals.net/manuals/200...hop-manual.php
    Perfect thanks!

+1
    I do not own a Doo, but I stop to help a lady yerterday with what seem to be your same problem .... when i viewed the video & listened to the start. It was finally determined that she had a Key Sensor issue ... when she finally had key problem addressed "Vala" ski started right up ... just my 2cents. Good Luck

Have you put eyes on the flywheel ring gear teeth? Sounds like the starter is not engaging. I had a similar problem with my HX. Since they are only 2 cylinders the engine only stops in one of two spots every time so those areas get worn out and the rest of the ring gear looks ok. I would start there. Pull starter and use a mirror to look in. Dont forget to roll the engine over one full turn and check thw whole thing.

I spent all day on the machine today. I have found out that my new fuel pump I installed is defective. I purchased this one: http://www.highflowfuel.com/i-905186...2002-2004.html and it doesn't function.
    I connected a 12v source right to it and it didn't even move. I connected the same 12v source to my old pump and it atleast "pumped". Does anyone know where I can purchase an oem fuel pump and not the whole assembly? I checked seadoopartshouse.com and no luck for just the fuel pump.

Thanks for the input Sink79, I am going to check out the teeth and instal a new starter bendix once I figure out this fuel problem. They're only $31 on eBay

Thread Information