1993 Yamaha VXR pro starter relay question

I recently fixed up a 1993 Yamaha VXR pro 700 waverunner. I got it out a few days ago and took a while to get it running since it hasn't run in over a year. Once it was ready to go it ran great for about an hour. When I got it back to the dock I had to shut it off and start it a few times and on my third attempt it would not restart. Only getting a click from the starter relay. Tried to jump the relay and got sparks and some smoke possibly from the starter, but hard to tell. All I know is hopefully I didn't fry something else. I think I could have fried my starter? So, I ordered a new starter and starter relay that is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Is there anything else I should check or be concerned about? I might have water in the engine since I couldn't restart it once out of the water. How can I get the water out manually? It will turn over manually so I know it isn't seized up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I want to be back out on the water.

sounds like a battery problem. i have the same ski try tightening terminals or swapping battery

Fixed and running! It was originally the relay and then the starter. Replaced both and now back on the water!

Thread Information