SLT 700 injector issue maybe? I need help from the pros once again lol

Basically Im getting a simple spray but when I go full throttle its not spraying the constant spray like it should in to the carbs? any ideas?

I have ordered a rebuild kit for the carbs but Im not absolutely sure that's the problem...I just need to fix it so I can sell it and get rid of the head ache!

Banned User
    +1
    I don't get what you are asking.

Sounds like hes asking why the injectors arent getting enough fuel to the carbs??? Is your fuel pump clean? I know with the triple cylinder skis you need to switch to the triple output fuel pump, but im not sure about your ski. May be something you want to look into.

Mine does not have a fuel pump my carbs have their own pump...I know dont proper terms for whats going on so try and bare with me. Basically I can pull the throttle and get a nice spray from the jets but if I go to hold the throttle down for a few seconds it cuts out and doesnt keep the constant shot of gas like it should

+1
    Is this a 96 or a 97 SLT700? The SLT700's (both years IIRC) got an accelerator pump that, like you said, sprays fuel when you open the throttle. The accelerator pump has a cam that is actuated as you open the throttle on the carbs. This accelerator pump was used to help with low-mid range acceleration and provide better take off. Once you are running and have the throttle wide-open the accelerator pump does not spray any more fuel. At that point you are relying on the jetting in the carbs.

What is the issue you are seeing? Have you tried to run the ski (either on land or water)? What's the history on it?

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    have the carbs been cleaned???

Cleaned the carbs, took it out it ran great for about an hr but as I was getting ready to leave it seemed to be getting a few minor ticks at full throttle. I took it out a few days later and it ran like hell thats when i looked at the carbs and realized that the jets where not shooting the fuel needed when held down for longer than a few seconds. Other than that it sprays well, just seems that the carbs are not getting enough fuel to the jets to keep up at full throttle...I have changed all lines already and even the sender, gas is good so Im thinking my only choice is to rebuild carbs in which I have already ordered the kit.

Thread Information