Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Don't pee in my Pool 150ofUltra's Avatar

Ultra 150 Bilge Pump Install

Just finished the hose clamps on my bilge. And got all the wires shrink wrapped today. I got a really clean looking waterproof push on-off switch mounted in the glove box. Your thumb goes in the box while your fingers are on the outside to give you a good grip when pressing the button.

+1
    Looks good!

I was looking for a good idea like that for the ultra!! ty

Nice work. I was thinking about doing something like that, but I got 2 Iversiplugs instead.

I have a versiplug as well. I also carry the stock plug with me encase the versi fails. The bilge pump is just precautionary.

+1
    I'm going to do this on my Ultra and my STX, however I'm going to use a lighted switch. The problem with the one above is that you can't tell if the pump is on or off by looking at it. And you can't hear the pump running if the engine is running.

I'm going to try this switch: http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...955-ND/2027304

+1
    I've finally got the parts to add a bilge pump to my Ultra, now I just need to bring it home from the lake to work on it.

150ofUltra, did you run your hose up to the top of the hull, then back down to the drain port? This is important for keeping water out.

I really don't see the value of the Versiplugs. Sure, you don't have to remove them to drain the hull, but they won't do you any good at all if the driveshaft holder splits, or you lose a cooling hose, etc. If you have to get towed in, you want something draining the hull when the engine isn't running.

Yeah, I have the hose going higher than output so I don't get the water flowing backwards. I keep the stock plug in my glove box if I need to use it instead. Don't mention getting towed in, I don't want to think about needing that done. Everything will work properly, knock on wood!

By any chance any one have a extra shim. I have three and need one more after getting the prop repaired. 4 is the max allowed if I remember right.

Steve I like the on light idea on the bilge. I looked at running a LED up by the display, I decided not to, but might put one on by the master key. And you were right I can't turn the master switch on with my fingers. I guess my old 900zxi was busted. Put some pics up when you get your bilge in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 150ofUltra View Post
    Don't mention getting towed in, I don't want to think about needing that done. Everything will work properly, knock on wood!
    That's the whole idea of the bilge pump! If the engine is running and you can drive the 'Ski, you can get the water out unless it's coming from a leak in the cooling system. Even then the stock bilge setup might keep up with it.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    On my stx I mounted my outlet in the stock tie down location at the rear side of the hull so when its on you can see it and hear it. Its behind you but its somehow noticeable. It was especially funny when I filled the hull with soap and water and went for a drive without thinking about the new bilge and accidentally "washed" a few cars. Oops.

Sean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information