what power has the new fxho?....vxr engine maybe

have been looking round for a new ski and noticed the top speed for the 2012 fxho is around 63-64 where the older smaller model is only 60mph, does this mean the new one has the vxr engine in????

+1
    yes, it does have the 1.8L NA motor that posers the VXR and VXS

cool so theres not much between a stock 2012 SHO & HO on top end, can anyone confirm the difference between 2010 & 2012 model....anyone raced one?

coming from a GP1300, im looking for something more stable that can still wave jump....I was looking for a used 2010 FX SHO but just noticed the new HO has the vxr engine

You may shoot me down here, I have been a die hard yamaha fan for 10 years plus but seadoo's GTR seems to have covered all the bases and with their new super chargers lasting 200 hours its pretty tempting....if only Yamaha made the VXR with trim or put the vxr engine in the FZR hull...is there anything in the pipeline for 2014?

now thats what i need to hear Cougar!!

The 1.8 VXR engine IS in the FZR/FZS and it is supercharged so it's even more powerful and faster than the VXR

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboater View Post
    The 1.8 VXR engine IS in the FZR/FZS and it is supercharged so it's even more powerful and faster than the VXR
    Different compression ratios

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboater View Post
    Different compression ratios
    And intake manifold, throttle body, supercharged has a knock sensor, etc........aome of the parts on the engine are different between the supercharged and non-supercharged models on Yamahas as it is on SeaDoos and automobiles. And typically the compression ratio is lower on a supercharged ski so it is more reliable.

I should have said "the 1.8 VXR engine IS in the FZR/FZS but it is supercharged (and has a few different parts and compression ratio) so it's even more powerful and faster than the VXR"

Thanks.....

just because two skis have the same top speed doesnt meen they are even in a drag race.the vxr is more comparable to the SHO because its lighter and has better plane angle so it accelerates just as fast.however when comparing the SHO and the HO which are two boats of the same size the supercharged version would be faster even if the top speeds where the same because of acceleration.

Thread Information