Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No fire at spark plug???

I knew finding that water adapter would give me bad luck.

I started the boat up today on the hose. It started and ran fine for about 15 minutes then died. It would not run again. Checked several things and finally checked spark plug wires. No fire whatsoever. The starter will spin but no fire at the plug wires. I have changed CDI's and that did not fix the problem.
    Cant find anything lose or unhooked.

Any suggestions???

Next to the place where you put your hose adapter is 2 plugs. One is for the cat temp sensor the other is for the water temp sensor. Make sure the one that goes to the water temp sensor (bottom of pipe) is pluged in correctly and the wires arent damaged. The cat sensor wont kill it but water temp sensor will. If its not getting close to a 2k ohm reading the ski will turn over all day but not fire.

Also check that your ground wire on the battery is tight. It can sometimes turn over but not fire if loose.

Also make sure the 20 amp fuse isnt blown that goes to the main relay, shut off switch, and rectifier/regulator.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by porksword View Post
    water temp sensor. Make sure the one that goes to the water temp sensor (bottom of pipe) is pluged in correctly and the wires arent damaged. The cat sensor wont kill it but water temp sensor will. If its not getting close to a 2k ohm reading the ski will turn over all day but not fire.

This a triple piped boat with Advent. I have those things turned off with the CDI or so I think I do!!!!

But that would affect me trying the stock CDI so I will plug that back in. I checked the fuses and they are fine.

It ran for a while on the hose and just died. Then I would not restart. More checking today. Good luck, Bad luck......mostly bad luck...

Thanks Porksword and everyone!!!!

I found the problem. The advent CDI is bad (can you believe that!). I would have never had found it if it werent for the suggestion about the temp sensor assembly. When I put the stock CDI in place yesterday I still had no fire. But when I put the temp unit in place, bam I have fire with the stock CDI. Thanks again. This is a great place to be.....

Your welcome. Rich knows that happened to me about 2 weeks ago.

I had the same problem today but the starter won't engage now either. Would any of this cause that? The ski has been running perfectly and then just died and will not engage to start.

Can you hear the starter spin but not engage or does it just do nothing when you hit the start switch? Does it make any sounds?

Cool

Hi!!! OutlawGPR
    Do you reclaim the !/[email protected]“Warranty”@?/! to advent, I have the same problem???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information