+1

Would you buy these Bunk Glides for your PWC trailer?

We are in the process of setting up to cut and build bunk glides for boat and PWC trailers here at our shop. For the PWC trailers, I will be using 3" x 16" x .5" HDPE plastic. They will have countersunk holes and come with (4) stainless steel mounting screws. They can be mounted directly over top of your wooden bunks.

Out of curiosity, would you guys be interested in these at $5.50 each? Typical PWC trailer would take 6 pieces and doubles would take 12

These make loading and unloading 60%-80% easier than carpeted bunks.

Attachment 301511

+1
    Why ony 3 pieces that comes to 48" my bunks are 60" like most skis. ?

+1
    You don't necessarily need a solid, one piece glide. You put 6" of spacing in between each glide. It cuts down on your shipping costs as well.

As an option, we will likely offer (2) 24" glides for the same price as (3) 16" glides, which is plenty enough for any PWC trailer bunk.

[====] [====] [====]

[=======] [=======]

+1
    The plastic has to be soft. I tried some that were marketed by none other than Kawasaki that damaged the gelcoat on my Ultra. I was absolutely pissed! There is a product called Bunk Mates that is identical--and they suck!

I found something like, TieDown Engineering Bunk Glides. They're soft and flexible, and they cover the entire bunk. They're a little large for a standard 2x4, they're designed to fit over a carpeted bunk. I used 2x6's and cut them down to fit.

Mine are soft enough that you can mark them with your thumbnail. Harder than that and they will damage your hull.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bunk Mate Damage #1.JPG 
Views:	182 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	301557

Don't forget that the boat will slide off the trailer VERY easily! Make sure to use your safety cable and don't start unwinding the winch until the trailer is IN the water. If it gets away from you, don't try to grab the winch handle!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    The plastic has to be soft. I tried some that were marketed by none other than Kawasaki that damaged the gelcoat on my Ultra. I was absolutely pissed! There is a product called Bunk Mates that is identical--and they suck!

I found something like, TieDown Engineering Bunk Glides. They're soft and flexible, and they cover the entire bunk. They're a little large for a standard 2x4, they're designed to fit over a carpeted bunk. I used 2x6's and cut them down to fit.

Mine are soft enough that you can mark them with your thumbnail. Harder than that and they will damage your hull.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bunk Mate Damage #1.JPG 
Views:	182 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	301557

Don't forget that the boat will slide off the trailer VERY easily! Make sure to use your safety cable and don't start unwinding the winch until the trailer is IN the water. If it gets away from you, don't try to grab the winch handle!
    That happened to me too on the ultra 150 but the hull is black so its even worse! did you do anything to fix the hull? Ill definitely be ordering some of those soft TieDown Engineering Bunk Glides to put over my trailers, and does it just screw straight into the original carpetted bunks?

Thanks,
    Chad
    Last edited by ULTRA3N; 05-22-2013 at 02:11 AM.

+1
    I didn't make any repairs to the hull, it didn't go all the way through the gelcoat.

I made new bunk rails and cut them to fit the Bunk Glides. However, they say that the glides are made oversize to fit over existing carpeting. They wrap around the boards and the mounting screws are on the sides.

+1
    At the start of each season - After 1st Launch - I spray my "carpeted-runners" with a good amount of silicone spray - which seems to last for quite sometime.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    At the start of each season - After 1st Launch - I spray my "carpeted-runners" with a good amount of silicone spray - which seems to last for quite sometime.
    does that just help with unloading the ski or protecting the gelcoat?

Chad

+1
    Hey Chad - I was shown this by a more-experienced Jet-Ski'ier back when I had my 2-Stroke ski.

I think it is safe to assume that it "only" makes R&R'ing your ski from the trailer easier.

Thread Information