My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1

Supercharger kit for Stx-15f and Ultra LX who is interested?

Nothing is set in stone yet but I am in the planning stages of putting something together if I can make the money work on it, ECU would be a reflashed stock setup or a standalone or hopefully the future CMD marine and the kit would run on stock 15f pistons, stock 15f pistons with a bigger head gasket or base gasket, or stock 250/60/300 pistons depending on options. With low boost I think you could get away with the stock pump but the 250/260/300 pumps fit with little work.

I am not trying to step on anyone's toes and if all goes well it may be in the store here.

This all being said, what would you pay for 200-300hp in a 15f?

Sean

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Sean, this was a dream of mine for ages. I wanted a "15FR" as a replacement to the STX-R. I love the thought of a 15F with 300hp.

+1
    Basically the "kit" would consist of my brackets and other custom hardware to mount and run the supercharger, a tune if that is what you want to run for the ecu vs a new ecu or CMD. A pulley, and either a bigger head gasket or base gasket and a mount for a fuel pressure regulator. The other fuel system components would be up to you to buy, but would just require a regulator, a set of injectors (probably pink WRX injectors or stock ultra 250/260 injectors) and a walbro gs342 pump. Total for this could run as cheaply as $300, then the method of tuning it could range from $300-1200. Boost could be up to you and your wallet, it would be easy to change though I can assure you of that, anywhere from say 5psi to 35.

Basic options would be as follows

Base kit

Thicker head gasket, stock pistons, injectors, fuel pump, fuel controller or tune, fuel pressure regulator, brackets, pulley and belt. (91 or 93 octane hopefully)

Middle kit

Thicker head gasket or base gasket, 9.5:1 forged pistons, injectors, fuel pump, Tune or fuel controller or standalone ECU, fuel pressure regulator, brackets, pulley and belt. (93 octane hopefully)

"Balls out Kit"

9.5:1 forged pistons, injectors, fuel pump, fuel controller or standalone ECU, fuel pressure regulator, brackets, pulley and belt. (RACE FUEL)

Sean

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    This all being said, what would you pay for 200-300hp in a 15f?

Sean
    How about $15,000 turn key with a 4 year warranty.

5. +1 by:

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    But seriously.. what kind of blower you have in mind?

+1
    It's a belt driven centrifugal blower, I'm working out the specifics of it now. I should be able to have it bolt on with no mods to the motor casings using existing bolts. I'm working out the gear ratio and belt ratio.

Sean

+1
    what kind of blower? I'm wondering how it will fit in the midget sized cave (engine bay) LOL. I might buy a kit if the price is right

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    It's a belt driven centrifugal blower, I'm working out the specifics of it now. I should be able to have it bolt on with no mods to the motor casings using existing bolts. I'm working out the gear ratio and belt ratio.

Sean
    Sean just wait for the 14 it may be a factory option

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by slothman View Post
    what kind of blower? I'm wondering how it will fit in the midget sized cave (engine bay) LOL. I might buy a kit if the price is right
    Its a snail of sorts. It will fit though. Tommy, id love that but I doubt it for 14, all bets are off for 15 though. I have heard minor changes for 14.

Sean

+1
    I say just a low boost turbo like was done on a VXR I know and one other thing Sean, A removable bracket so the part of the hull that goes across the engine compatrmend can be cut out so it would be MUCH easier to install or remove everything as one.

12. +1 by:

Thread Information