Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

The Official SLT 750 section

Can we just start a SLT 750 section in this forum? Seems like thats all new members are coming on here asking about is a SLT 750. Did Polaris build about 2 million of those?

Edit: Title of thread changed. For all things SLT 750.
    Last edited by Mr. Matrix; 05-23-2013 at 10:11 PM.

+1
    I could never find a decent one for sale around here! That is how I ended up with the Virage.

+1
    I thought every Polaris fan's first ski was the SLT 750. It's what wins us over!

It is an Awesome ski. I just got mine out of winter storage and rode it recently. I LOVE my SLT 750!

Cheers!

+1
    SL 750 was my first

+1
    SL650 was my first, then went to an SLT 750

+1
    I've had my SLT 13 years. Just a new triple pump and new fuel lines n filter. Done.. You could fall asleep on the thing it rides so smooth. Although I don't like the TEAL.

Maybe this fall I will redo the hull,seat ,bars,and topsides. Black n Copper metallic. Freshen the motor too. Hate to get rid of it.

+1
    I took the SLX out last night after work. I think I have lost the desire to ride the little ski's. There is no way to make them ride smooth. Any waves at all and the pounding just seems stupid after riding the Virage. Its like a 16ft Tri Hull vs a 20ft Searay.

+1
    Yep... same here.

I had an SL780... and I didn't like how it was more tipsy with a passenger and messing with the trim to get it to ride smooth was annoying. Turned me off to 2-seaters. Yeah, I know they're faster and more maneuverable... but I'm not a racer.

That's why I love my SLT... fast enough... jumps wakes well... not tipsy... no trimming needed... easy to spin and play around one.... and it takes a lick'in and keeps on tick'in!

Cheers!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LaveyT View Post
    I took the SLX out last night after work. I think I have lost the desire to ride the little ski's. There is no way to make them ride smooth. Any waves at all and the pounding just seems stupid after riding the Virage. Its like a 16ft Tri Hull vs a 20ft Searay.
    I feel the same way. Although go try a Pro hull sometime. They are much better than the SL/SLX hulls

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LaveyT View Post
    I feel the same way. Although go try a Pro hull sometime. They are much better than the SL/SLX hulls
    I am spoiled now for sure Bryan! as Ripcuda stated "messing with the trim to get it to ride smooth was annoying."
    I never imagined "Messing with the Trim" could be annoying! I love to get all of my outboards to the ragged edge with the trim but Ripcuda said exactly what I was thinking last night.

I would love to try a pro. I have noticed that the SL 780 is slightly smoother than the SLX at low speed, I'm guessing this is from less wedge angle? Does the pro have less angle than the SL or is the hull different as well?

I'm beginning to see what you guys like about the domestics as well. The 700 is impressive for its small displacement.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information