Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

For those running no prop cone???

Have there been any problems running no prop cone? I was wondering if the pump seals held up and if there was any water in the grease?

Thanx,
    Rob

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    I've been running mine maybe 20-25 hours with no cone and I just recently pulled the pump apart to swap out the stock cone for the AAT cone and my grease looked good as new. No milky grease, rust, etc...that would have indicated water intrusion...

+1
    Not running the impeller cone would have no impact on grease in the pump itself. The props are not drilled through, so there would be no change in how the water impacts the seals and bearings behind the impeller. Running without a cone will wash out the grease on the splines of the pumpshaft/impeller but nobody seems to have had any trouble with that. I ran most of last season without an impeller cone like many, and none of us had trouble.

I had installeed the green nose cone on the solas and it came off anyways,
    and i had no problem removing the shaft what so ever,we are also mostly running fresh water and i always use lube after most rides.
    are you cosidering removing yours?

+1
    I am going to put it back together soon so I though I would check first.

Banned User
    +1
    well you know it was that dumb a$$ rocketman that came up with that and told everyone about it. You know if he said it its a load of crap ,claims hes been running that way since 1999, says the water acts like a lubracant. What a dweeb guy cant even spell his own name.he never gives away any speed secerats he always charges people, what an a$$. I heard he took a perfectly good running stock 1300 gpr that run 64 mph and has now got it only running 39 mph can you belive that whatever.....

Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT View Post
    I am going to put it back together soon so I though I would check first.
    if you are puting the nose cone make sure you do it the right way and be done with it so the cone wont ride up your shaft.

+1

well you know it was that dumb a$$ rocketman that came up with that and told everyone about it. You know if he said it its a load of crap ,claims hes been running that way since 1999, says the water acts like a lubracant. What a dweeb guy cant even spell his own name.he never gives away any speed secerats he always charges people, what an a$$. I heard he took a perfectly good running stock 1300 gpr that run 64 mph and has now got it only running 39 mph can you belive that whatever.....
    Thats bullsh*t......Who is that masked man
    Last edited by Snoman; 02-27-2007 at 03:27 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    It wasn't a slight towards you Kerry, I was just asking if it did anything strange to the buttery seadoo pump. I will take whatever speed I can get.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by daverxp4 View Post
    if you are puting the nose cone make sure you do it the right way and be done with it so the cone wont ride up your shaft.
    I just had the stock cone on my 14/19r. The solas cone did not fit properly IMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information