Is $4000 to much to ask....??

I have a 2000 Polaris SLX 1200, with aftermarket: grate, propeller, air arestors, custom exhaust system, and the upgrade on the jets. I have had an issue with not getting enough fuel to the motor and I've done everything such as new hoses, cleaned the carbs, and many other things....i will crank right up and idle fine and low end is fine its just top-end.....took it to Polaris and the CDI is fine so its not an electrical issue and compression is fine on all 3 cylinders.....I know all it will take is 2 new fuel pumps and it would be running fast once again.......the ski comes with trailer and has a clear title.....is $4000 to much with the issue that the ski has.....?? Thanks in advance...

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

???

If You Can Get It.4k For A Ski That Barely Runs???i Ran Across Something That Might Apply To You.i Remember Your Posts.pull The Single Grey Line Off The Center Carb,start The Ski Does Fuel Come Out Of It???if Yes Nevermind,if Not I've Got Your Cure.

Ok if fuel doesn't come out of the fuel line from the center carb what is the cure for it......??? Just curious....??

Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    If You Can Get It.4k For A Ski That Barely Runs???i Ran Across Something That Might Apply To You.i Remember Your Posts.pull The Single Grey Line Off The Center Carb,start The Ski Does Fuel Come Out Of It???if Yes Nevermind,if Not I've Got Your Cure.

+1
    If you're getting fuel pressure out of the line, it's still important to know what the pressure is.
    When they checked compression did they check the crank for index? An out of phase crank will limit your RPM's as well.
    I think 4K is a lot to ask for a ski that MIGHT have HUGE problems.
    I think it would be easier to sell with the issue corrected.

Oh and WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!

Thanks I really like the site.....I never thought about checking the crank index because this issue happened all at once.....would the crank index happen all at once or would I notice it over a period of time.......?? If I don't have enough fuel pressure would that be because of weak fuel pumps or something else....as you can tell I'm not a mechanic by no means....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    If you're getting fuel pressure out of the line, it's still important to know what the pressure is.
    When they checked compression did they check the crank for index? An out of phase crank will limit your RPM's as well.

Also if the crank issue was the case would I still have good take off and low-end....??

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post

+1

I have replaced all hoses and cleaned the carbs out twice and it still does this....but I did have the gray hoses....maybe I missed something....???

+1
    Did you note the 90 degree fitting for the fuel return?

I know Tx mentioned it needed to be removed to get a good cleaning.

Just a thought.

If you determine everything is clean in your fuel system and are still stuck. Check your vacuum and vent check valves. Ran into a Hurricane once that had a bad vacuum vent for the fuel tank. Ran great down low, and for a bit up top, then it would eventually be too much vacuum for the pumps to overcome on the topend, and it would lean it out.
    Burnt it down two times before finding the bad valve.

+1
    Before I chased any problems I'd verify the crank is good, I've seen this way too many times and it's worth just knowing your are or aren't O.K. internally.
    If you ingested water of fuel you could have hydro-locked the engine. You can also simply suck up a rock or twig and then bam, out of index crank.
    Even if it's not your problem, you have taken away a variable that can haunt you when trying to tune or get RPM's out of your engine.

Thread Information