Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    miamifzs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Miami Fl
    Posts
    39
    +1
    5

    Fzs looking for 80mph !!! Need some advice !!!

    im gonna pull the trigger & do mods but i need some first hand knowledge ,,, will stock valves be able to handle a stage 1 with intercooler c3 or c5 wheel and an r3 flash ??? and what kind of speed should i expect from it ??? also what ride plate for ocean & bay riding ?? gonna start ordering parts !!!! ff riva exhaust or tommy jordan mod ?? just a 4" filter or riva filter kit or r&d kit or r&d big filter ?? noticed with the r&d big filter does not bring the piping to move it forward , does it get wet from the seat ??? spoke to jim from jims performance going to keep stock plate till he finishes new design ,, so far for sure gonna order R&D grate , pump seal and nose cone !! give me input on rest ,,give me some knowledge !!! im looking for close to 80mph !!! thanks !!!


  2. #2
    enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx.
    Posts
    686
    +1
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by miamifzs View Post
    im gonna pull the trigger & do mods but i need some first hand knowledge ,,, will stock valves be able to handle a stage 1 with intercooler c3 or c5 wheel and an r3 flash ??? and what kind of speed should i expect from it ??? also what ride plate for ocean & bay riding ?? gonna start ordering parts !!!! ff riva exhaust or tommy jordan mod ?? just a 4" filter or riva filter kit or r&d kit or r&d big filter ?? noticed with the r&d big filter does not bring the piping to move it forward , does it get wet from the seat ??? spoke to jim from jims performance going to keep stock plate till he finishes new design ,, so far for sure gonna order R&D grate , pump seal and nose cone !! give me input on rest ,,give me some knowledge !!! im looking for close to 80mph !!! thanks !!!
    Here is what I did when I modded my ski.

    1) any type of intake will be fine, homemade or aftermarket.

    2) R and D R3 reflash.

    3) Fizzle intercooler or type 14 intercooler with at least a 10 core or 11 core minimum.

    4)Engine Tech Low Boost wheel... (this wheel is lighter and has a better midrange and top end pull) and you will be very happy with it.

    5)Pump plug kit or fill it in with epoxy resin ( pump shoe area) and fill in all the voids.

    6)Solas Dynafly 13/22 ( I used Jim's performance to bend it for me and he is close to you) and this prop hits very hard midrange and top, but better than the Skat......

    7) R and D intake grate, R and D Strainer kit for cooling the intercooler, and a Pet 2100 DX for R.P.M. monitoring.....
    you can use the stock injectors and stock fuel as long as you ride in the summer time.In the winter you may have to go with additional fueling but not likely.This set-up will get you over 80 easily as you can see in my signature. This set-up is very reliable and your stock engine will handle it no problem.....Don't forget to use the Ribbon delete mod and blow-off valve.....

  3. #3
    there are so many ways to hit 80mph but it depends on alot of things..do you just care about top speed or do you also want holeshot ? how high do you want to rev the motor ? do you want to be at 80mph in any conditions or just in ideal conditions ? how tight is your budget ?

  4. #4
    64physhy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Weatherford, TX
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    168
    I hit 80 with a B1, but I doubt you'll do it with a C3, maybe a C5, but it seems like the ET low boost is better. I'll find out whenever I get mine swapped out.

  5. #5
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    I hit 80 with a B1, but I doubt you'll do it with a C3, maybe a C5, but it seems like the ET low boost is better. I'll find out whenever I get mine swapped out.
    Really??? People break 80 with a C1 so why not a C3?? C3 outflows the B1 wheel and has more peak boost anyway.

  6. +1 by:


  7. #6
    64physhy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Weatherford, TX
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    I hit 80 with a B1, but I doubt you'll do it with a C3, maybe a C5, but it seems like the ET low boost is better. I'll find out whenever I get mine swapped out.
    Really??? People break 80 with a C1 so why not a C3?? C3 outflows the B1 wheel and has more peak boost anyway.
    I haven't heard of anyone breaking it with a C1. You're definitely right on the C3, though. Don't know what I was thinking (maybe C1?).

  8. #7
    yol937's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nc
    Posts
    1,071
    +1
    160
    I have seen a fzr hit 80 with a stock wheel. Stock class at the drags in 2012

  9. +1 by:


  10. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    773
    +1
    1
    im sure mine can do it in drag situation however, MS109 or better Motec or other finely tuneable ecu and what not. It will cost you one way or another,

    My FZ is CC set up I Heart Boueys.. lol get 75-77 depending on conditions

  11. #9
    hdlefler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, Fl
    Posts
    911
    +1
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by miamifzs View Post
    im gonna pull the trigger & do mods but i need some first hand knowledge ,,, will stock valves be able to handle a stage 1 with intercooler c3 or c5 wheel and an r3 flash ??? and what kind of speed should i expect from it ??? also what ride plate for ocean & bay riding ?? gonna start ordering parts !!!! ff riva exhaust or tommy jordan mod ?? just a 4" filter or riva filter kit or r&d kit or r&d big filter ?? noticed with the r&d big filter does not bring the piping to move it forward , does it get wet from the seat ??? spoke to jim from jims performance going to keep stock plate till he finishes new design ,, so far for sure gonna order R&D grate , pump seal and nose cone !! give me input on rest ,,give me some knowledge !!! im looking for close to 80mph !!! thanks !!!
    Take it to Jim and make it a vacation! There are guys running B1 set ups down here running low 80's. With the ET low boost you will be a bit faster (83-84) but might need a rrfpr regulator.

  12. #10
    miamifzs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Miami Fl
    Posts
    39
    +1
    5
    wow went from 1 ski to 2 just bought a 2009 with a stage 1, bov , and r&d grate in perfect condition !!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Looking to Buy need some advice from you pro's :)
    By AchtungPWC in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 12:59 PM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 08:35 PM
  3. Need some advice... Should I trade my 2002 CR250R for...
    By Bmedlin85 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 06:48 AM
  4. Need some advice on what to look for when buying a trailer...
    By tempest.runner in forum Towing and Trailers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 08:56 PM
  5. need some advice for first time service
    By noriu69 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 07:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •