Thread: Wetwolf Testing
02-27-2007, 10:03 AM #1
I tested the Wetwolf Cone this weekend. I have good news and bad news to report.
Bad news, I did not gain anything. He ran 67.4 again. I tried 3 of the 4 different length shuttles with the short bolt. I started with the shortest shuttle and worked my way up. The longer the shuttle, the more your RPM's should come down and you should gain speed. Max speed is usually found 20-80 rpms below the peak with the stock cone. I never lost RPM's. I pulled the 3rd longest shuttle at 6990, just like I did with the shortest shuttle.
The good news is that Bruce is sending me longer shuttles, and I still have not tried the shuttles with the longer shoulder bolt. This also tells me my motor is still very strong (140 hours). The longer the shuttle the more load it puts on your motor, it did not matter for my motor. Bruce said the shuttles he sends with the kits work for 90% of the ski's, the other 10% require longer shuttles. So that puts my ski in somewhat of a "NASTY" catagory, in my opinion.
My ski is nothing like my cousins (TheDome) Single Pipe 79.6 mph GPR. That thing is extremely "NASTY"!!!. The cruising speed on that thing is about 60. You will find yourself just cruising down the bayou going 60. When you nail from 60, it pulls like it does out of the hole, it just never stops pulling.
02-27-2007, 10:10 AM #2
Brandon I have one I got from Salty to experiment with I was going to install on the GPR but I got an 05 pump. it will also fit the GP so if you get some good results I might hang on to this thing.
02-27-2007, 10:13 AM #3
you have to try the longer bolt. It effectively makes the shuttles longer and the shift point lower.
02-27-2007, 10:15 AM #4
Speaking of pulling hard out of the hole, never I mean never ever underestimate the sleeper out of the hole because it is the definition of nasty out of the hole. So far sleeper has handed me my a$$ out of the hole from day one and I really don't see that changing in the near future. It definitley requires respect from the word go. Because it is gone fast!!!
02-27-2007, 10:37 AM #5
Osidebill, hang on to the AAT, I will have some definite results within a week or so.
Addicted, Bruce told me to try the long bolt with the 3rd longest shuttle before I try the longer shuttles he is going to send me. I currently have the 3rd longest shuttle in, so I wil try the long bolt first before I try the longer shuttles he is sending.
TheDome, I forgot I am going to Virus's wedding at 5:30 Saturday. You and Dollar just go sling some sand on those Raptor's this weekend, unless you want to ride the ski's around here somewhere.
02-27-2007, 10:56 AM #6
Sleeper just thought of this !!... As the shuttles are plastic, can you extend the shortys (those your not using anymore )with pvc pipe and the correct glue ?You would be able to experiment some more while waiting for wet wolfs new ones. You could fit thick wall to em' and still fit your bolt thru the center ..
02-27-2007, 11:18 AM #7
I am sure that would work, but I won't be riding until the weekend anyway, and he is sending me the longer shuttles by Friday.
02-27-2007, 08:03 PM #8
02-28-2007, 08:10 AM #9
Thanks Bruce, it has been a pleasure dealing with you.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By peteshauling in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 17Last Post: 09-11-2008, 01:54 PM
By Jrsrxp in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 12Last Post: 05-10-2005, 01:32 PM
By CRAZEDRXP in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 14Last Post: 05-05-2005, 07:38 AM
By CRAZEDRXP in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 05-04-2005, 03:33 PM
By Jrsrxp in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 1Last Post: 04-30-2005, 10:25 AM